QSC KW181 caster question...

John Koepke

Freshman
May 28, 2014
I Love my QSC KW181's, but my issue with them is that all 4 casters are swivel, non locking.. I was thinking of replacing two of them with Locking Swivel casters.. Has anyone done this yet? Nothing like loading your trailer at 2am, and your subs start to roll around in the way of other gear your trying to load in. I sent an email to QSC's service department, and they don't offer anything. They where not even sure that any off the shelf brand of 3" casters would fit the bolt pattern.. I am going to pull out one of the Sub's and measure the bolt spacing to see if I can find anything on-line..

Thanks in advance.

Re: QSC KW181 caster question...

I Love my QSC KW181's, but my issue with them is that all 4 casters are swivel, non locking.. I was thinking of replacing two of them with Locking Swivel casters.. Has anyone done this yet? Nothing like loading your trailer at 2am, and your subs start to roll around in the way of other gear your trying to load in. I sent an email to QSC's service department, and they don't offer anything. They where not even sure that any off the shelf brand of 3" casters would fit the bolt pattern.. I am going to pull out one of the Sub's and measure the bolt spacing to see if I can find anything on-line..

Thanks in advance.

Great Lakes Caster. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist.

The critical factors are height from floor to top of the mounting plate and the spacing of the mounting holes. Any caster that has those dimensions will work.

2 of the casters on my QSC HPR181i subs are non swivel. Will they work on your subs? Might be worth looking into.

Douglas R. Allen

I've had to replace several of the casters on my KW181s due to the bearing seal failing. The KW181 hole pattern is 1 [SUP]3/4[/SUP] X 2 [SUP]7/8[/SUP] .

Sources I've used for quality casters include: Pro Audio Stash, Penn Elcom, Seismic Audio, and American Caster.