QSC wide line array

Arturo Reyes

Freshman
Jan 13, 2015
Good morning everyone. I have a question. Has anyone used used the WL line array setup. This is going to be a pemanent setup for a church application. the church is 250w x 165 deep x 38" high. QSC recommended 12 of the WL speakers. Not sure if they are the WL-2102-w or the WL- 3082. Any way QSC recommended 12 of the tops per side and 6 subs per side. I am a little skeptical. Never used QSC in a major setup. I know price compared to other top brands is probably the biggest decision maker. Can anybody give me some information before we go ahead with this setup.8O~8-O~:shock:8O~8-O~:shock:8O~8-O~:shock::(~:-(~:sad::(~:-(~:sad::(~:-(~:sad:

That's a big enough room and a big enough amount of money where I would want the manufacturers to prove that their system is the right choice by a demo.

QSC Wideline isn't universally liked. I would suggest listening to other products as well, both line source and point source. You may want to look at Danley's bigger boxes. If there is a fit, their solution will be less expensive than a line array and will probably sound better.

Arturo -

I am biased. We own Wideline-10 as well as other arrays, and am a QSC dealer, as well as other brands.

You should get a demo no mater which way you go. And an Ease plot.

However, I would like to put in my two cents and say that a 12 per side Wideline-10 rig, when installed properly, may be a good fit for a room of that size and shape. And it seems you have plenty of trim height.

I have no experience with Wideline-8.

Jason
Southard Audio LLC
www.southardaudio.com

That is a WIDE room for only 2 hangs-of anything.

I am with TJ-and get whoever recommended it to justify it.

Coverage maps-AT DIFFERENT FREQ-NOT JUST ONE-would be a good start.

I am back. Leadership and fincance decided to go the route of the wide line QSC array. Install is complete and I want to say that I am very suprised. QSC sent their crew. They were awesome. Very knowledgeable and very down to earth. They were answering all our questions and putting at ease our doubts. The room sounds great and I am very happy. Want to emphasize, I am a believer now. Very impressed. Those wide line 2-10's per cabinet have 140 deg. spectrum. The coverage in this particular building is incredible. We did put two fill ins to insure coverage at the two extreme sides about 25 chairs per side.

I do have a concern. Durability of this system. The old EAW system we had in that building was about 12 years old and the church bought it used. So it was a great durable system. The church invested so much money and I don't want to be in this situation in 5 years or so again. Any comments?

It sounds like you're committed. Not sure what you expect us to do now about longevity - the system has been installed and presumably paid for.

Putting the amps on the ceiling means that if there is a failure, it will take a lift to fix it. How long QSC will support that model will determine your practical effective lifespan. I doubt 5 years is a problem.

That system will be as reliable as you and your people allow. It sounds like the church is happy and you like the way it sounds. Like it and leave it alone.