Question about tunings for JBLSRX722

Chuck Simon

Junior
Jan 19, 2011
Would someone please help me with a question I have about tunings for the 722?

JBL shows a HP freq of 1.70KHz for the horns, so the 12'' mid speakers handle freq up to 1.70. However, they also show a LP freq of 1.0KHz on the mids. So, what happens to that .70KHz of freq in between that is being filtered out of the mids and horns?

I know there is an obvious answer to this question that makes me look pretty dumb, but I gots to know!

Re: Question about tunings for JBLSRX722

Opps, I was looking at specs for the 712, not 722!

Any reccomended reading to help me better understand the difference between electrical and acoustical crossover?

The standard answer is Bob McCarthy's Sound Systems Design and Optimaztion.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Systems-Optimization-Techniques-Alignment/dp/0240520203/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296329829&sr=8-2-spell

Easy but probably simplistic answer that I think of is the electrical crossover is how you set up the electrical signal to tha amps, while the acoustic crossover is the sound you get when the electrical crossovers combine with the properties of the speakers.

Easy but probably simplistic answer that I think of is the electrical crossover is how you set up the electrical signal to tha amps, while the acoustic crossover is the sound you get when the electrical crossovers combine with the properties of the speakers.

Exactly. And very rarely are they the same. Sometimes there is a gap inbetween them, sometimes they overlap.

And sometimes they are the same-if the acoustical response is nice and flat around crossover (not very likely), and sometimes they are the same-even if the acoustical response is not flat, but the phase difference will actualy cancel out somewhat-to get a flat response.

There is no simple answer, and only an answer for a particular situation.