Question for VRX932 owners/users

Marlon Daniel

Freshman
Mar 6, 2012
Upper Marlboro, MD
Hi,

This is my first post after lurking for a while and I have checked the search topics. My issue is that I am using 2 VRX932s per side and my client would like me to get them up to about 10'. I am currently using K&M stands that get to about 7 ft. Is using a crank stand with a polement (i.e. Global Truss ST132) a safe alternative or do I need to get in contact with some of the experts around here and get some rigging training? Thanks!

Re: Question for VRX932 owners/users

Thanks Silas,

I have a followup question that I guess I should have asked in the first place is,what are you folks powering them with. I used a Crest Pro9200 and I was satisfied with the results. I saw one poster in the search say that they would use the continous rating (1600 watts) to power them. I hope this doesn't start another amp debate.

Thanks Silas,

I have a followup question that I guess I should have asked in the first place is,what are you folks powering them with. I used a Crest Pro9200 and I was satisfied with the results. I saw one poster in the search say that they would use the continous rating (1600 watts) to power them. I hope this doesn't start another amp debate.

The key here is that you were satisfied with your results. If it's good enough for you, then it's fine.

The VRX boxes can take a lot of power and get quite loud; many people use I-Techs with the recommended processing on them, most commonly I see IT6000s which are around 1500 watts per box if I recall.

Most people I've talked to say biamping is a waste of time - running them passive is much less work and usually sounds better.

No matter how popular they are, the VRX932 has some rather obvious shortcomings that amps and processing cannot overcome.

The key here is that you were satisfied with your results. If it's good enough for you, then it's fine.

The VRX boxes can take a lot of power and get quite loud; many people use I-Techs with the recommended processing on them, most commonly I see IT6000s which are around 1500 watts per box if I recall.

Most people I've talked to say biamping is a waste of time - running them passive is much less work and usually sounds better.

No matter how popular they are, the VRX932 has some rather obvious shortcomings that amps and processing cannot overcome.

Man I agree with you Silas. Whenever I hear or mix on them it always sounds like they are trying to do something they do want to do. Strange mid response for my liking. I have pretty much signed off 2 way boxes for everything.