Question from a lighting IDIOT.

Pat Latimer

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Charleston S.C.
www.charlestonmusichall.com
I have a dilemma in a club and I've picked myself to solve it. They have 3 Chauvet LEDSplash 200B's along the back of the stage. They currently have them hooked up to a dimmer which I know is a BIG NO,NO. Don't ask me how they are still operating.?? These are 6 channel lights. I have an old Chauvet Obey 4 sitting around collecting dust and would like to give it to those guys to control their LED's. Would anyone know in which direction to point me, dipswitch wise, on getting these lights up and running? The Obey 4 is a 4 channel controller. Will it be possible to run these 6 channel lights off of this 4 channel board?

I do know that these lights need to have a constant 120V source. At least I know that much....

Any help is much appreciated!

Bright lights really confuse Mongo...Mongo only know audio.

Pat

Re: Question from a lighting IDIOT.

You COULD control the following only... Red instensity CH2, Green intensityCH 3, Blue intensityCH4. You would have no strobe, nor any whole fixture dimming, but if you set all 3 fixtures to the same dmx channel, you could control and blend colour, and change the levels using the individual sliders described above.

For $80 you can get an Obey 10 and control everything with room for more.

A club with no flashing lights?

I said it could be done, I didn't say it would be done well ....
When I'm doing band lighting, i don't flash my LEDS, they are there for colour. But yes having only 3 fixtures would demand you should probably have them flash

Thanks for the help, guys. This Club has probably 95% heavy metal music most of the time. The LED lights are basically upstage wash lights. They have eight PAR 64's for downstage.

Nothing fancy, no frills. I think I've found one that will work giving them room to expand later.

Pat