Questions for AH QU users

John Chiara

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Troy, NY
I am coming from an X32 Universe and want to maximize work flow on QU consoles on iPad. I am not expecting perfect cross referencing, just the simplest way to perform my normal mixing chops.
1. Is there a way to defeat the the channel strip name from changing to a db reading? I know Avid consoles have an option for this. One reason this is confusing is that the iPad app employs a 'freewheeling' scroll so a single fader...say lead vocal....can show up in any position on the screen. So...also...is there another way to quickly access groups of faders without having to scroll? I also notice a slight lag response until the faders stop scrolling. Meters freeze slightly....faders hesitate to respond.
2. Is there a way to construct a custom layer that can include metering for all inputs and outputs as well as mixing functions? I notice that the QU channel views offer metering such as what appears to be compression gain reduction 'history' which I see little use for. Been compressing just fine for 45 years with no metering like this...:)
3. What all can be put on a custom layer? Any limitations on what can be assigned to a DCA?
4. Is there any way to construct a custom layer that excludes the right screen side mix and buss selection buttons? During a show last night I found a number of times I had 'palmed' one of these buttons and was adjusting a buss send and not the L-R. This is extra confusing because except for a color change, the faders look exactly the same regardless of mix or buss selected.

Thanks for any advice. I may be working more with this console and would like to get a fast and efficient as possible.