Rackmount Intercom station

Other than the Clear-Com MS-702, does anyone know of a single-channel rackmount (preferably 1u) unit that has the same functions as a clear-com (or compatible) beltpack? I have need for something a little better than a beltpack zip-tied to rack rail, but not $1000.00+ replacement. The speaker is not actually needed, just all the normal RS-601 (or equivalent) functions in a rackmount form factor, but all I've ever seen are speaker stations, so that's what I would imagine is all that's out there...
Checked PI, they don't seem to have anything rackmount, but I guess one of their LS3 products could be made to be rackmount if that's the only thing out there...

You guys always know of these great little companies that make intercom accessories, so maybe somebody's seen something?

Re: Rackmount Intercom station

Telex US2002 with RMK-S ears (or some half rack ears robbed from another product)? New it's still a bit pricy but used...

8317.jpg

Last edited:

The US-2000 (discontinued) looks actually better than the US-2002. The US-2000 has the sidetone adjustments on the front, and can work with binaural headphones whereas the US-2002 has sidetone adjustments on the bottom of the unit (really? you have to take it out of the rack to adjust sidetone? really?) and does not support binaural headphones.

Anyone know of any other differences between the US-2000 and US-2002?

Last edited:

Is that 8-pin headphone jack a Neutrik NeutriCON? There's no proper description of it in the manual....

4 pin xlr and panel/headset mic connector, from manual:

Panel Mic/Electret Mic Headset Connector - Accepts an electret gooseneck microphone, such as the Telex Model
MCP-90-XX. The Model MCP-90 series panel mic connector is a 1/4”
stereo plug, with a threaded shaft for easy installation.

US-2000 not 2002.

View attachment 9591

Like I said, the 2000 seems to be a superior product to the 2002. Wonder what other differences there are?

doing a little reverse research it would seem that the neutricon is the connector of choice since that is what is on the gooseneck mic that Telex lists as using that jack.

interestingly, the mic uses a 7 pin connector. I guess the 8th pin is just not needed?

the newer 2002 does away with the weirdness and goes to a more standard gooseneck com mic connector. Still the neutricon version is available to buy at bhphoto among others...