Rane sold to inMusic

Arthur Skudra

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Looks like inMusic (the company that owns Denon, Marantz, Alesis, M-Audio, Numark, etc) just bought Rane, likely for their popular DJ products. I hope they preserve the pro audio division of Rane, they make some really cool and useful products.

Out of all the brands you have listed there I think I would rate Rane the highest. It states in the article that the dj side of things will be absorbed by Denon so it will be interesting to see what happens with the dj mixer things. It did seem to say they are keeping on some of the engineers for pro / install side of things.
I have mixed feelings on mergers. As an end user you might get some positive results but it looks like there are 60 people currently employed that are getting laid off. It seems like multiple independent companies would spread the wealth around more fairly.

Here in Europe Rane is a small player these days, for sure it is in Holland. Denon is much bigger, although they do have problems that every (young) dj wants Pioneer these days... Can't name any popular dj product of Rane. In the past they did have eq's that had some fans, mixers with rotary knobs have never been popular around here, and are seen as cheap...

I'm going to start downloading the Rane notes for safe keeping.

Yes, I did that a while back with the Rane Notes, and a lot of other information that I found useful on the web. Now when I find something useful, I just save it in this Google Drive folder. There is quite a lot of information in there and maybe I can save you some time. Here is a link you can browse:

Josh Millward's Repository of Technical Audio Information

Enjoy!

FYI- as far as I know, all this information is readily available on the internet from its various authors. If that is not the case, and some of this content is protected I will go ahead and remove the protected content from the publicly viewable folder and store it elsewhere within a reasonable time after I have been notified that it should be secured.

Last edited: