RCF L18-P200N replacement

Jan 19, 2011
Oslo, Norway, Norway
drbentsen.no
I bought a bunch of old RCF subs at an auction loaded with L18-P200N drivers.
Boxes are decent enough, but the drivers needs replacement.
Some of them are ok, some of them are blown, there is a mixture of 4/8 ohms and so on.

The box is roughly 200L per driver, two round ports in each chamber with a diameter of 175mm, 300mm long.

Any ideas for a suitable replacement driver?
I have easy access to RCF/B&C, can get my hands on other brands, just a little more shipping costs.

I bought a bunch of old RCF subs at an auction loaded with L18-P200N drivers.
Boxes are decent enough, but the drivers needs replacement.
Some of them are ok, some of them are blown, there is a mixture of 4/8 ohms and so on.

The box is roughly 200L per driver, two round ports in each chamber with a diameter of 175mm, 300mm long.

Any ideas for a suitable replacement driver?
I have easy access to RCF/B&C, can get my hands on other brands, just a little more shipping costs.
It'll be really expensive, but not as much if you consider re-coning them, as long as the magnet and cage are solid, you don't need to replace the whole driver, there's drop in kits that are a fraction of the price as well as shipping. Re-coning is more intimidating than it is hard. They have instructional videos that really help. As long as you're careful to really clean the action inside the magnet and the parts the adhesive attach to, and don't cut corners in the assembly process, it's pretty straight forward, they supply you with the shims for spacing the coil, proper glue, etc. It may take one or two to get comfortable. Do some research, RCF has drivers in different brands, and some manufacturers like Martin, etc., slapped their label in their drivers as well. And some drivers have essentially the same specs, not enough to notice the difference in sound, but all the dimensions are the same, so there's cross references if you take the time to research. If you find out which boxes use the same drivers, that can be used to track down parts, because some companies list parts lists for certain boxes, so that can lead you to the info you need.
If a box was dropped, tipped over, the magnet may be broken or dislodged, but if you push down and release evenly on the centre of the driver, if it's frozen, it may either be a bad magnet, or the coil is seized, either way you'll need to pull the coil if a visual inspection doesn't make it obvious.