Reaching out to any mid florida members, a favour to ask.

I'm thinking about loading up the mrs and our sport bikes, and heading for a warmer climate (I'm in Ottawa, Canada). The plan is to park my truck and 14' enclosed trailer somewhere in the Florida area (Orlando), and then day trip it around for about 4 days. I'm not sure if someone would be willing to let me park at their place, or business during this time, if a small rate is required, let me know. Hopefully there's someone out there who wouldn't mind. Pm would be great
Thanks all

Re: Reaching out to any mid florida members, a favour to ask.

I'm thinking about loading up the mrs and our sport bikes, and heading for a warmer climate (I'm in Ottawa, Canada). The plan is to park my truck and 14' enclosed trailer somewhere in the Florida area (Orlando), and then day trip it around for about 4 days. I'm not sure if someone would be willing to let me park at their place, or business during this time, if a small rate is required, let me know. Hopefully there's someone out there who wouldn't mind. Pm would be great
Thanks all

Shane,
I'm pretty sure you can park at any Walmart if worse case scenario comes about.... Look into it ...

cheers

Nick -

Walmarts are usually cool with overnight parking of trucks and RVs. Not sure how they would like someone moving in for 4 days.
Yeah, I kind of was hoping for some eyes on it once in awhile... Everyday at a residence, or business as opposed to coming back and finding nothing ;). Looking into short term storage lots as per my cousins suggestion, or maybe some other kind souls will pop up.

Yeah, I kind of was hoping for some eyes on it once in awhile... Everyday at a residence, or business as opposed to coming back and finding nothing ;). Looking into short term storage lots as per my cousins suggestion, or maybe some other kind souls will pop up.

I realize it's probably not the same, but wouldn't most Wal Marts have security cameras covering the parking lots?

Best regards,

John

I realize it's probably not the same, but wouldn't most Wal Marts have security cameras covering the parking lots?

Best regards,

John

The camera system at my local WalMart isn't anything to write home about... I wouldn't trust it.

I'd rather find a Local guy... maybe rent a Camp site

Not sure where you're planning your nights,but some campgrounds like " KOA" 's have cabins for rent and you could park it by your cabin.
Or if staying at a hotel,some hotels can accommodate trailers.

Just to clarify what I'm looking to do....
I have a pickup truck and an enclosed 7x14' utility trailer. I'd be trailering two motorcycles down to fla, then I'd like to park the truck and trailer in a secure place, and take off on the bikes, grabbing a motel/hotel, where we end up stopping. Then return to the truck and trailer after 4-5 days, reload the bikes and return home... Ideas?

Like I said many campgrounds have storage in addition to campsites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I'm off I75 on your way to Orlando (Gainesville). PM me if that may work, I can likely accommodate at our shop

I was just going to add if you cant find someone on here to pop over to ADV rider forums. They have tons of helpful members on there. It looks like you found a spot though which is cool. The wonders of the web.

I was just going to add if you cant find someone on here to pop over to ADV rider forums. They have tons of helpful members on there. It looks like you found a spot though which is cool. The wonders of the web.

Shane
If you dont find a place to park, we are about 2 hrs from the GA/FL boarder right off I75 you can park it here.
PM if you need to.

Shane
If you dont find a place to park, we are about 2 hrs from the GA/FL boarder right off I75 you can park it here.
PM if you need to.
Thanks Ben, I appreciate that...
Looks like my new (used) truck might not be ready soon, so I won't be leaving when I thought, but maybe later in April... Thanks for the help guys...

Shane,
I'm further South than you're looking for- Ft. Myers Beach in SW Florida, but you're welcome to park at my house. Dead end street, quiet neighborhood. By late April most of the snowbirds will have flown north, so traffic won't be too horrendous. Not much in the way of fun motorcycle roads, but could be a base if nothing more to your liking pans out. I will echo the above sentiment regarding ADVrider. Check the tent space list. Several guys nearer to central Fl who could probably tuck your rig in somewhere on their property.

Shane,
I'm further South than you're looking for- Ft. Myers Beach in SW Florida, but you're welcome to park at my house. Dead end street, quiet neighborhood. By late April most of the snowbirds will have flown north, so traffic won't be too horrendous..

Thanks Randy, I'm glad there's some offers out there, I really appreciate it. Once I get my truck sorted out (I'm in the middle of buying a newused one), and getting a time sorted to come down, I'll hit someone up for some space...

As for pizza, I would drive 24 hrs just to eat pizza, especially if it comes recommended. Thanks again