Removing Presets on a Crown I-tech

Mar 16, 2011
I've got a crown i-tech 6k that i bought used and all of the presets were created by the previous owner. I know that i can create new presets and save them over the old presets but i was wondering if anyone knows a way to either "clear" all of the presets or restore the DSP to factory defaults? I don't want the other presets available where someone can accidentally dial up the wrong one...but i don't want to lock out the front panel.

Any suggestions?

Re: Removing Presets on a Crown I-tech

Yes. Fire up System Architect, connect the amp to the computer and let SA find it.

You can load a "device file" that sets the gain at 26dB without any processing.

Or you can reload the firmware. In SA 2.3, choose the Tools tab and click on the Firmware Update icon. Do the update. You'll get dire warnings about losing your presets, but that's what you want to do anyway. It takes about 2 minutes to do the update, sometimes it will appear to hang at the reboot when it's done. Be patient.

I don't remember what settings it comes back with because I load VerTec device files, but you can be assured that whatever was there before is no more.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

A friend has some crown amps at the theater. The pip cards are set for some speakers they have there.
He would like to use some of the amps to power speakers that have passive xovers.

I suggested just removing the pip card and put them back when he is through.

Does this sound like it will work?

Any PIP card will have to be replaced with a regular input card in order for the amp to function. Chances are the theater has them in a box somewhere, left over from the speaker install.

Oh, you need to change your displayed name to your real name. If you can't change your profile, contact Bennett via PM and he can change it as admin.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Slightly off-topic...

Do firmware version numbers follow the SA release numbers? I know I need to update, but I'm not sure quite how far behind I am.

When i first connected the amp to SA it prompted me to update the firmware and i let it do its thing. However, the old presets are still there.

There is an easy way:

attachment.php

On top of that, you could load up an offline, stock Itech, then copy and paste it onto your online Itech. It will overwrite everything.

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks silas...ive always worked with bandmanager and not the full version of sa because ive only had xti amps untill now...havent had much time to learn the differences yet...

Any PIP card will have to be replaced with a regular input card in order for the amp to function. Chances are the theater has them in a box somewhere, left over from the speaker install.

Oh, you need to change your displayed name to your real name. If you can't change your profile, contact Bennett via PM and he can change it as admin.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

So others have had trouble with this?
The darn thing would not let me show my full name when I set nthe password. maybe it will now.