Rent the PA and also receive this fine gentleman....

Re: Rent the PA and also receive this fine gentleman....

Whoever wrote that is halfway decent, probably in the 95th percentile compared to most Internet writing. I'd give him a chance just based on his grammar.

The "all jobs are COD upon delivery" was a deal breaker for me unless there is an ATM machine nearby.......

$750 for a PA? specially one that looks to fill a decent space or outdoor event. Thats cheap as all hell even for my neck of the woods. My system I rent out runs about $350 Just for the system and its half of that. Add on delivery $60 for 50 mile radius, plus an engineer (depends on how long the event is) that's almost too cheap.

The "all jobs are COD upon delivery" was a deal breaker for me unless there is an ATM machine nearby.......
I have actually made people go to an ATM-BEFORE I started to unload.

This was not my norm-but if it felt "weird"------------------.

Even then-I wish I had all the money I was "stiffed" back when I was doing rentals.

I have on a couple of occasions collected a piece of backline from the stage, usually a guitar amp and brought it to the bar and used it as a chair while the band went to a ATM. We had a deal "cash after show" but they didn't want to pay, so I used it as chair until the money showed up.

Done that with the drummer's car grabbed the keys and locked myself in it, cash appeared remarkably quickly after that. G

I have actually made people go to an ATM-BEFORE I started to unload.

This was not my norm-but if it felt "weird"------------------.

Even then-I wish I had all the money I was "stiffed" back when I was doing rentals.

I no longer do shows without cash up front, unless it's for friends. Too many people think they can negotiate the price of the production AFTER it took place.

The only part about the post I don't like is knocking the competition. Calling your competition a poser is going to take you out of the running in many people's eyes. Other than that, it looks like he's offering a system at a price of what it's worth. Can old gear compete with new gear? With the right operator, it can get the job done nicely.

Can old gear compete with new gear? With the right operator, it can get the job done nicely.

There's a civic concert series in a downtown St Paul park. The evening events are provided for with an improperly deployed line-array and a tin-eared mix person on an M7. The smaller, daytime events are done by an older fellow with vintage Peavey trap boxes and a MixWiz.

The evening events are unlistenable.

The daytime events are a pleasure...........