Reseting Digico SD9

Oct 4, 2018
Australia
Hi there, so this is my first post on here. I work in a regional civic centre that uses a Digico SD9 as its primary audio console.

Now, the thing has been set up long before I arrived and almost all the settings don't make sense (Master Fader is a mono channel for example). Instead of trying to find each individual problem one at a time which will take days, I'm hoping to just do a factory reset and update.

Anyone have any idea how to do this because the info I've been looking for has been surprisingly absent.

Sep 12, 2012
SW Ontario
No need to factory reset the console, you just need to restructure the console and select "default all", save as a new file and go.

But as Rob said, there could be other reasons why things are the way they are. We have a default template saved on our SD9 that has all the basic routing already in place for our venue.

Where are you located?

Oct 4, 2018
Australia
I'll strongly suggest that before you nuke everything and start over, you make an attempt to understand why the settings are what they are (or at least make a backup of the settings). Sometimes, there are very good reasons for the way things are configured that are not immediately apparent.
I agree that there is probably a very good reason for some settings being the way that they are and air have already got a backup on external USB.

Problem is, I actually already been at this for a couple of days and yet to find rhyme or reason behind some parts of the setup and I can’t very well ask the guy as he’s long gone.

What I am trying to do is to start from scratch and go from there. If I find that the previous setting do actually make sense, I will gladly reload them onto the console

Feb 20, 2013
Richmond, VA
There are two ways to do what you'd like - restructure the console under the files drop down menu, or use the reset functions available under the system menu which are much more aggressive and can really ruin your day.