Rigging a square truss grid from crane w/ 4 arrays.......

Sean Thomas

Freshman
Nov 8, 2013
Any tips and suggestions:

I have a large sporting event, 15,000 people. Venue has no sound. I need loud announcer voice only - to all 4 sides of the venue where crowds are.

We DO NOT want multiple speaker points so we are thinking of building a square truss grid and hanging 4 arrays (5-6 boxes per hang),
that would be 1 array on each side or the grid. This "4 sideded array" would be flown by a crane aprox. 35' high, near the side of the field, which
would be almost center of the audience.

Complete system under 2,000 lbs.

Any DO's and DONT's? Any pics to share? Best rigging materials to use? Certain types of cranes/hardware we should require?

Thanks!

Re: Rigging a square truss grid from crane w/ 4 arrays.......

This is one of those situations where if you have to ask, you probably should be contacting a professional. Agreed on the advice to hire a rigging company, especially with a crane involved.

Also, don't understimate how much output you'll need to get even an announcer heard over 15k people at a sporting event.

Re: Rigging a square truss grid from crane w/ 4 arrays.......

If you contact a crane company and ask to lift something over anyone's heads and they don't tell you to screw off then you shouldn't be doing business with them. The only part of the crane operators training I remember is NEVER LIFT ABOVE ANYONE.