RIP B.B. King

Re: RIP B.B. King

As a kid I remember "Rainy Night in Georgia" on NYC Top 40 radio.

Some years later - because of an early Stereophile review - I purchased "Live at The Regal", and my life changed...

Thanks BB.

Re: RIP B.B. King

Very sad news. B.B. was a legendary player. In '97 or maybe '98 I saw him in concert in Stuttgart, Germany. The opener was some guy I'd never heard of but who I am now a big fan of, Keb Mo. During Keb Mo's set, they announced that BB King was delayed in traffic, some major accident on the highway had the whole city in knots. Keb Mo asked if he should just keep on playing, which he did. What was meant to be a 45 minute set ended up going for 2 hours of great music. Sometimes the whole band, other times just him and a guitar. It was fantastic to see them playing whatever they wanted, unrehearsed. Finally he announced that BB King was in the house, they did the fastest set change I have ever seen and BB came on stage to a roar of applause and proceeded to play for two and a half hours. It was past midnight by the time he finally played an encore and said "Goodnight!". A fantastic show played in a wonderful venue to an appreciative audience.

One other note, the trains in Stuttgart usually stopped at midnight. That night they kept them running, largely because of the concert. That is respect.

God's Speed B.B. King.