Routing Multiple Static WAN IP's?

Ian Coughlin

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
New York
www.dtgentertainment.com
I have a 5 IPs address pool and need to route the IPs to three or four different destinations; Private Network (all my servers and workstations), Hosted VoIP solution, Public Network (for guests), and possibly one web server.

My Router is a Linksys RV042, and switching is being handled by HP-V1910 series switches. I planned on running everything on one physical network segmented with VLANs.

I understand how VLANs work but with 1 WAN IP. I can't find anything that talks about multiple WAN IPs.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Re: Routing Multiple Static WAN IP's?

I'll have to check when I get to my office. Had the IPs allocated yesterday and I guess I forgot to update a couple of the DNS entries since I can't remote login...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Re: Routing Multiple Static WAN IP's?

Apple routers... Not much you can do with those, although I love mine at home becuase it always ''just works''

Right now I'm just looking at getting an inexpensive 5 port switch and placing it after the VZ FiOS ONT and running a patch to each router (private, public, VoIP), then patching them all back into my switching network setting up VLANs to route appropriately.