save-able?

Re: save-able?

anyone think these could be save-able?

6 Community SLS980 Speakers not Working | eBay or even worth it

No. The only things there are the horns and crossover/input plate. And some really bad wood

I you were next door and got them for free you might do a hobbyist restoration of them... but to pay $600 for them and either drive to Ohio or pay for shipping? Not.

What would you use them for? If you have to ship all 6 gonna cost a bundle. Woofers might not exist anymore and won't be cheap if they do.

John what do you use any speaker for? :) . On a serious note tho, I like projects, I would have just sold them. But Looking at the pictures on a computer I can actually see how damaged they are. I wonder how they got that fubar.

Well, if you were a lowest of the low ankle-biter AND you already had a working pair of them, you could stack them all up 4 per side and do the really big gigs. Empty cabs aren't just for backline. :D~:-D~:grin:

They have been stripped of drivers. The only thing they are good for is the cabinets, and those are not in good shape.
If you were to put new speakers into something, it would typically be something in better shape than this.
As mentioned, if they were next door, then maybe. But it seems to me you would be putting more work into restoring these than building your own new.