Scientists cure tinitus (issues?)

Re: Scientists cure tinitus (issues?)

Pete Townshend will be pleased.

I need to get my hearing checked as I do hear ringing every once in a while - product of cranking a set of AKG240's for too many years in the 90's doing rack guitar recording. I didn't get evicted from noise, but probably screwed up my ears.

That would be an amazing medical advancement, however the article doesn't state whether it will improve your hearing or not, only to remove the Tinnitus. So if you're just removing the ringing, constant whooshing sounds, etc., the cells from inside of the ear will still remain damaged, and if the person's hearing will still be lacking in some way. Hmm...

That would be an amazing medical advancement, however the article doesn't state whether it will improve your hearing or not, only to remove the Tinnitus. So if you're just removing the ringing, constant whooshing sounds, etc., the cells from inside of the ear will still remain damaged, and if the person's hearing will still be lacking in some way. Hmm...

I think I would accept that, especially since my tinnitus is in my right ear, along with a ''hole'' around 3k. The other ear and filtering system make up for a lot.

Best regards,

John