Sennheiser e912 vs. Crown PCC160

Sep 12, 2012
SW Ontario
Currently in the market for a few boundary mics, primary uses would be as choir mics and tap mics for theatre jobs and also as table/podium mics for business/corporate work.

Have a good bit of experience with the Crown PCC160, I did a few shows with an Irish dance group and always got good results using the crown to pick up hard shoes, I've never used it for choir or vocal applications though. The Sennheiser was suggested by a friend, but I have no experience.

Anybody have any experience with both mics that can offer some insight?

Re: Sennheiser e912 vs. Crown PCC160

Currently in the market for a few boundary mics, primary uses would be as choir mics and tap mics for theatre jobs and also as table/podium mics for business/corporate work.

Have a good bit of experience with the Crown PCC160, I did a few shows with an Irish dance group and always got good results using the crown to pick up hard shoes, I've never used it for choir or vocal applications though. The Sennheiser was suggested by a friend, but I have no experience.

Anybody have any experience with both mics that can offer some insight?

I have a pair of 160's and a pair of the Bartlett TM125-C's. Bartlett also makes an up-model oriented towards recording.

Check 'em out. They're quite good and the price is hard to beat, service and communication great.

Bartlett Microphones floor mics and instrument clip on mics - home

I have a pair of 160's and a pair of the Bartlett TM125-C's. Bartlett also makes an up-model oriented towards recording.

Check 'em out. They're quite good and the price is hard to beat, service and communication great.

Bartlett Microphones floor mics and instrument clip on mics - home

Those look very interesting, at the very least the close the price gap between the Crown and the Sennheiser. Any experience with them as table mics?

Those look very interesting, at the very least the close the price gap between the Crown and the Sennheiser. Any experience with them as table mics?

"Table mics"........will pick up all the page-turning and paper shuffling that may be present. It doesn't matter which one you use. If there are reference papers being shuffled, you're kind of compromised.

I believe Mr Bartlett spent time working for Crown.

"Table mics"........will pick up all the page-turning and paper shuffling that may be present. It doesn't matter which one you use. If there are reference papers being shuffled, you're kind of compromised.

I believe Mr Bartlett spent time working for Crown.

A little bit of paper shuffling can't be worse than having to explain over and over that the vocal-mic-on-stand only works when you talk into it :lol: