Sennheiser EW 300 IEM G3-A Easy Setup Problem

tony krasinski

Dec 20, 2019
Pennsylvania
I've had this unit for about a year and started having problems with noise etc. I use the stereo receiver for in ear monitoring. I want to run easy setup to scan a new list but when I access easy set up the only option I get is to toggle between mute rf for this device or connected devices. I tried resetting the unit but I never get the option to scan new list. I logged a ticket with Sennheiser but I have no idea how quickly they will respond and I have a gig this weekend. If I cant fix it I'll have to run a cable to my in-ears for the show which is a bummer. Seems like there is either a software bug that I cant get around or its a hardware problem. Done many searches one this and I cant find anyone with the same problem.
Help would be appreciated!

I've had this unit for about a year and started having problems with noise etc. I use the stereo receiver for in ear monitoring. I want to run easy setup to scan a new list but when I access easy set up the only option I get is to toggle between mute rf for this device or connected devices. I tried resetting the unit but I never get the option to scan new list. I logged a ticket with Sennheiser but I have no idea how quickly they will respond and I have a gig this weekend. If I cant fix it I'll have to run a cable to my in-ears for the show which is a bummer. Seems like there is either a software bug that I cant get around or its a hardware problem. Done many searches one this and I cant find anyone with the same problem.
Help would be appreciated!
Got this from Sennheiser - very quick response BTW

Essentially, you do not want to try and scan on the rack mount transmitter but on the receiver body pack. Essentially first set your squelch to 5db on the pack and then go into the easy set up there, select scan new list and then it should scan. Once it lands on a bank and channel select the first open frequency and then go back to squelch and set it to 15 db. Once set then sync the pack to the transmitter so they match or use the frequency preset option in the transmitter to match the bank and channel.

Reactions: David Karol