Sennheiser EW300 G3 2-IEM setup issues

Nik Sarantakos

Freshman
Apr 29, 2013
Hi all, looking for some help setting up my new Sennheiser IEM rig. Bought the 2IEM version which has one transmitter and 2 receivers. Just trying to work out how I set the unit up to send two separate signals. Will be using for monitors for band members and will have 2 sends from the desk going into the transmitter. Manuals are not as helpful as I'd hoped after sourcing them on line and reading the brief versions that come in the box. Clearly presumes buyer has more knowledge than I do! I think I've worked out that the transmitter needs to be setup in stereo with the receivers also in stereo getting both channels and then manually turning down either the left channel on one and turning down the right on the other. Does this then mean there will only be sound coming out of one ear bud for each receiver? Seems a bit primitive... Any assistance provided appreciated. Cheers, Nik

Re: Sennheiser EW300 G3 2-IEM setup issues

Hi all, looking for some help setting up my new Sennheiser IEM rig. Bought the 2IEM version which has one transmitter and 2 receivers. Just trying to work out how I set the unit up to send two separate signals. Will be using for monitors for band members and will have 2 sends from the desk going into the transmitter. Manuals are not as helpful as I'd hoped after sourcing them on line and reading the brief versions that come in the box. Clearly presumes buyer has more knowledge than I do! I think I've worked out that the transmitter needs to be setup in stereo with the receivers also in stereo getting both channels and then manually turning down either the left channel on one and turning down the right on the other. Does this then mean there will only be sound coming out of one ear bud for each receiver? Seems a bit primitive... Any assistance provided appreciated. Cheers, Nik

what you want to do to put the receivers in 'focus' mode. You can look up how to do that in the manual. In focus mode, the same signal is sent to both ears in mono, and the user can adjust whether that signal is the left input, or the right input going into the transmitter. Shure calls this MixMode.

what you want to do to put the receivers in 'focus' mode. You can look up how to do that in the manual. In focus mode, the same signal is sent to both ears in mono, and the user can adjust whether that signal is the left input, or the right input going into the transmitter. Shure calls this MixMode.
Great thanks! So to clarify, one send (vocal 1) into the left input for example on the back of the transmitter and a second send eg from a guitar into right input would then be transmitted in stereo and the Recieved needs to be set to focus mode? How does the user determine what is sent to each unit from the transmitter though?

Both signals are sent to the transmitter. In focus mode the receiver determines if it plays the left input from the transmitter in mono, or the right input. the up/down arrows will change the signal mix.

See page 16 of the manual if I'm looking at the right version.