Sennheiser g3 e100 radio mic. Nothing will switch on. Not the mic itself or the box/transmitter

El Casey

Aug 4, 2022
wales
Basically what the title says. I cannot get the box to turn on. I even purchased another plug for it, in case the plug was the issue, and still nothing. The mic just stopped working during a gig. The box went off and we couldn't get it back on so I had to switch to a lead mic. And we still cannot get the transmitter box to come on.

I would be interested to know what might cause this one. I could see one or the other dying but both the transmitter and receiver simultaneously?!
You could try calling Sennheiser. I have talked to them on several occasions and they are very helpful. It takes a while to locate the tech help number on line but its out there.

I think your mixing up the names/terms used to describe the equipment, I'm guessing what your calling the "transmitter box" is actually the receiver unit for the wireless mic.

You said you purchased another "power plug" did you double check that it was the correct the voltage and the polarity and the physical size of the connector was correct for the Sennheiser receiver.

Reactions: Klaus Zimmermann
I think your mixing up the names/terms used to describe the equipment, I'm guessing what your calling the "transmitter box" is actually the receiver unit for the wireless mic.

You said you purchased another "power plug" did you double check that it was the correct the voltage and the polarity and the physical size of the connector was correct for the Sennheiser receiver.
Only sennheiser power supply with yellow end will work with the receiver- the box that gets connected to the mixing desk.
Others Will ‘fit’ but not connect.

The 'box', the receiver doesn't work, but the transmitter (the mic) is lit up and normal?

I too would suggest it's just a power supply. Put a cheap volt meter on the wall wart power supply and see what is coming out and down the cable - I suspect nothing. If you can find a Trantec power supply - they will work. With power supplies they must be the right voltage and the centre pin must be the correct polarity - so that needs checking too.