Sennheiser Service Portal

Lee Brenkman

Junior
Jan 13, 2011
Oakland California USA
I have now tried twice, a week apart to arrange for warranty service on two E835 microphones through the Sennheiser online service portal.

Both times I have entered al data and filled in all required fields and gotten a green "OK" next to every entry.

But when I try to finish the service request I get an error message.

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's receipt E835s 1-7-2008.jpg' )' at line 2

I think that refers to the original sales receipt I am using as a proof of purchase. I have scanned it as a .jpeg because doing so as a .pdf created a file the the Sennheiser site rejected as too large.

Whassup?

Re: Sennheiser Service Portal

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's receipt E835s 1-7-2008.jpg' )' at line 2

To me this sounds like the database has a problem with the name of the jpg file. Maybe you can try to simplify it to just receipt.jpg. So no spaces, dashes or other special characters.

They had trouble with a PDF I had used for proof of purchase recently - got an email asking if I could send it directly.

Overall Sennheiser has gotten a lot better and quicker on service turnaround, though there are still products that fall through the cracks in that automated system.

To me this sounds like the database has a problem with the name of the jpg file. Maybe you can try to simplify it to just receipt.jpg. So no spaces, dashes or other special characters.

THANK YOU!

Excellent advice. Cutting the file name down to receipt.jpg worked like a charm.

The mics are now on their way back to New Lyme for repair.