Seperate Behringer folder?

Is it possible to create a seperate folder for the never ending love fest for Behringer that this site currently has?
The Junior folder currently has 8 on going seperate X32 discussions....

I am not big league to play in the Varsity forum, but It's like being on Harmony Central with all the sudden Behringer love.

Re: Seperate Behringer folder?

Vinny,

No, because it cannot possibly last forever. While it may not be interesting to you or me, it is clearly interesting to a lot of people and only appropriate in the JV forum. I'll see if I can clean it up a little by merging some threads, though.

I still fail to see how it's difficult to just ignore, disregard and not care about any thread that doesn't interest you. The other forums I've been around always encourage a single thread per discussion. As threads get updated they pop to the top, so it's dang easy to find that which you do care about, anytime there's something more to read.

None the less, it's interesting to see forums deal with the same issues regardless of the industry.

Sent from my SPH-L710 2

Vinny,

No, because it cannot possibly last forever. While it may not be interesting to you or me, it is clearly interesting to a lot of people and only appropriate in the JV forum. I'll see if I can clean it up a little by merging some threads, though.

I really don't think merging is a good idea. Some of the threads like the X32 thread are so long it is almost unreadable. I am glad many of the threads broke off. Look at some of the bright side. Many new members have come here because of the Behringer forums. Some of those will be moving up to Varsity topics in time. Evan did not use Carvin forever and he learned a lot from all you guys back then and now he gives back here in our forum as just one example. There is much helpful content on many of those threads for the people who read them and I thought that is why we are all here in the first place.

We do seem to have a gap in Varsity, certainly not helped by my own infrequent posting. Unfortunately there's just not much I can talk about publicly anymore, and what I can I don't know much about since I'm not gigging regularly. Fortunately all our active members are thoughtful and helpful folks, so I hope the spirit of community and the activity in the JV forum will keep this place popular until we start seeing more activity in Varsity again. It seems to be about a five year cycle between established folks getting bored or tired of posting and new blood getting to a high enough level to be worth reading. I'm very thankful for the Varsity posters that have stuck with us through the transition and stayed active. I know quite a few folks I wish were still posting (not just since the transition, since I started being active on the LAB in... 2004?) but just aren't at that point in their lives anymore where they have the time and the willingness to argue a bit.

Unfortunately there's just not much I can talk about publicly anymore, and what I can I don't know much about since I'm not gigging regularly.
Maybe you can keep a journal of interesting stuff and then check it every once in a while to see if something you wrote about has become declassified?

Jason

When you work for a major corporation you must be careful about public statements because you are in fact representing the larger company wether you intend to or not.

I was writing a magazine column when I got hired by Peavey, and one of the two reasons I quit the column soon after, was that I felt uncomfortable being in a position to spin or argue major issues from my soapbox with an inherent agenda. How could I be completely objective when my day job was to advance the interests of my employer? Previously working for a small company I could be a more disinterested observer since I had little gain pointing out others skeletons (the column was called "audio mythology" so all about flawed marketing campaigns and the like). At Peavey we had a pony in so many races I was too involved in too much.

Bennet can save the juicy stuff for his memoirs. (It will still be juicy but won't alter near term history). :)

JR

Maybe you can keep a journal of interesting stuff and then check it every once in a while to see if something you wrote about has become declassified?

It's not just that I am privy to NDA material, I wouldn't discuss that in private either.

It's that I can't say anything, positive or negative, about anyone's loudspeakers... or even really a design using them, or a gig they were at, or the mix engineer who is close with that brand. If I say something nice about, for instance, Community, what am I implying about them as a customer of ours? Are they even a customer of ours? Why aren't I giving the same props to Danley, for instance? Some brands don't even want it exposed that they use B&C components at all, not because they don't like us - because they consider us a trade secret and competitive advantage. Since pretty much everyone uses some B&C components, it's pretty impossible to play favorites.

No need for a new folder, the JV forum can now just be titled the Behringer Forum.
Funny, the *other* site isn't littered with all the B-love and special sauce.
Have fun getting all that stuff all over ya!.
Seems like you guys wanting the separate B-folder aren't about a new folder as much as you can't stand the planet that Behringer resides on...

At least be honest about it.

Geri O