[FS] Servodrive Basstech 7 mod available

Jan 10, 2011
The city with big shoulders
Got a call from Mike Grimm of CSS Audio in East Peoria. He's been a long time Danley products owner, including sixteen of the old Servodrive Basstech 7 subwoofers.

Well, some of the subs were crippled due to lack of parts availability anymore, and there's always been gearhead chat about retrofitting the cabinet with a new module using regular drivers-Tom Danley has pointed out many times that a pair of Lab 12 drivers would work very well in that horn, as it is very similar to the LabSub cabinet flare.

Mike's gone and developed such an animal, and has measured a retrofit and stock cabinet side by side, and has no issues running them together.

I have no chips on the table in this, just relaying some good news from an old friend for any Basstech 7 owners out there.

If anyone is interested, contact Mike at 309-696-9274, or through their email and website:

CSS Audio, Inc. - Your One Stop Shop for Production Services

Best regards,

John

PS: Bennett, if this should be in another category, feel free to move it.

Reactions: Steven. Brown
Re: Servodrive Basstech 7 mod available

Mike is a great guy and really seems to "get it".

I didn't think it would be hard to come up with a mod-you just need a cabinet to play with-some time and be a little creative.

I will remember this and pass it on-as we still get calls about what to do with those cabinets.

You can still get NOS servodrive assemblies from the guy that used to originally build them in the Bay Area. I have copied this thread and sent it to him.

You can still get NOS servodrive assemblies from the guy that used to originally build them in the Bay Area. I have copied this thread and sent it to him.

Hello from Finland

I have 3 cabs and one mechanism of 8 cabinets ever imported to Finland - I could use the contact information - surely there must be other interested, too...

Nuuska

The company never had production in the Bay Area, the company was always based outside of Chicago in the suburbs, and we did a lot of the manufacturing locally. Drive shafts, the mechanical belt arms, belts, cones, were all manufactured in house typically, or modified from stock parts.

Not sure who you're talking about, but it would be some kind of aftermarket situation.

Best regards,

John