Short NEMA 6-50P to 6-50R extension cord?

Phil Graham

Honorary PhD
Mar 10, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey all,

Before I go and make this up, do you know if anyone sells a short pre-fab NEMA 6-50P to 6-50R extension cord? I know there are longer ones for welders, but I just need a few feet to make it to the plug in the warehouse at the day job. This is for the Clipper Creek charger for the Nissan Leaf we just got.

Barring a pre-fab cable, does anyone have some scrap 6/3 SO remnants in the shop that I can buy off you?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Short NEMA 6-50P to 6-50R extension cord?

Hi Phil,

Noticed you you got yourself a Leaf. We've had ours since June and really like it. We started out just using the supplied EVSE, but found ourselves short on occasion as the charging time was simply too long. I recently installed a Clipper Creek HCS40 right beside my breaker panel in the garage and it's made a big difference in how useful the car has been. Most of our driving is regional (within 50km), so it's been perfect for us. The darn thing is nearly free to operate compared to our regular car, especially considering our gas prices in Canada. Best of luck with yours.

Sorry for the topic swerve.

John

Re: Short NEMA 6-50P to 6-50R extension cord?

Hi Phil,

Noticed you you got yourself a Leaf. We've had ours since June and really like it. We started out just using the supplied EVSE, but found ourselves short on occasion as the charging time was simply too long. I recently installed a Clipper Creek HCS40 right beside my breaker panel in the garage and it's made a big difference in how useful the car has been. Most of our driving is regional (within 50km), so it's been perfect for us. The darn thing is nearly free to operate compared to our regular car, especially considering our gas prices in Canada. Best of luck with yours.

Sorry for the topic swerve.

John

John,

No topic swerve at all, as I ended buying a pre-fab welding cable. I'm the opposite kind of Leaf customer. I reverse commute out of the city, and my commute is 54km one way. I charge the car every day. The Clipper Creek Level 2 lives at the office. I'm careful to manage the battery in the midrange of the capacity, to maximize the pack life. I drive primarily in eco mode.

We've only had it two weeks, and so far I'm more impressed than I expected, but it hasn't exactly wowed me. I already had a bluetooh ELM327 reader, so I bought LeafSpy Pro. It is pretty interesting to watch the car slowly uprate the battery's capacity as it gets used more.

For my commute, and my previous gas usage, and my wife qualifying for the Nissan VPP program, the car is putting money back in our account, even when you amortize all the secondary costs.