Short throw projectors?

Adam Whetham

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Does anyone have a favorite or some insight into these. Literally the shorter the better.

Need to fill up a 58"x104" screen and space behind the screen is at a premium. The most promising I've found so far is the Optima TW695UT-3D.

Does anyone have any current favorites for this area. Needs to be a current model that can be bought new. I need VGA input for now, HDMI a plus but not necessary. Just going to be displaying Powerpoint and basic business video's.

I don't need 3D or smartboard stuff.

I like the TW695UT-3D as its 3500 lumens seeing as the room it will be used in is a giant glass box with perforated sun shades. I'd love to find a 4K+ option.

This seems to be the max output you can find on short throws without going up to big boys like some of the Hitachi's and such with different lens kits that bump up into the 7K

Re: Short throw projectors?

Jordan, I agree. We have one of the Hitachi smart board projectors (Forget the exact model) up in one of our conference rooms and for only being 2ish feet from the wall its great.

Thats why I was looking at the Optima as it is integrated into the projector which would make using it in this space much more ideal (Catering has to be able to move carts behind these screens. =/

Another day of trying to achieve the impossible. :D