Should I or shouldn't I ?

Jimmy Hardin

Junior
Jan 29, 2013
Hey , I am in the process of splitting my effects and amp racks up and I am trying to put all my amps in the same rack . But I am wondering if I should remove the rubber feet from under the amps to take the gap in between the amps, would it really hurt anything if I do that or should I leave them alone and go ahead and have the gap. There is no vents on the bottom of the amps so my question is what would it hurt to do it? So should I or shouldn't I ?

Sent from my iPhone

There should be no issue in direct stacking most amps. The rubber feet are there for those that don't put them into racks.

Are you using all of the same type of amplifiers? One major issue is making sure that they all use the same airflow. Most QSC amps use a back to front airflow, and most Crown amps use a front to back airflow. If you mix and match the amps, it simply creates a circulating pattern that heats everything up and will cause you problems.

There should be no issue in direct stacking most amps. The rubber feet are there for those that don't put them into racks.

Are you using all of the same type of amplifiers? One major issue is making sure that they all use the same airflow. Most QSC amps use a back to front airflow, and most Crown amps use a front to back airflow. If you mix and match the amps, it simply creates a circulating pattern that heats everything up and will cause you problems.

I have 4 behringer amps and one carvin amp. I am gonna be soon in the process of having all carvin amps.

One thing to consider is airflow, in-particular that all your amps draw air say, from front to back. Otherwise you can end up with a situation where the amps circulate hot air between themselves.

Update!!!!!! Did a show this past weekend with the new setup where the amps are all in one rack with no gaps and they ran really nice and cool. I was really excited and no problems out of anything. Thanks so much for you guys telling me about everything. :)~:)~:smile: