Shure/Lectrosonics Handheld Wireless Extension Adapter

Philip Roberts

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Southwest Michigan
I recall reading about a company that made a extension tube for Shure compatible wireless that simply adds some length (3-4" as I recall) between the transmitter and mic capsule.

I thought it might have been Sound Tools but it's not on their web site,

Did my imagination invent this product?

Thanks

Philip

Re: Shure/Lectrosonics Handheld Wireless Extension Adapter

I recall reading about a company that made a extension tube for Shure compatible wireless that simply adds some length (3-4" as I recall) between the transmitter and mic capsule.

I thought it might have been Sound Tools but it's not on their web site,

Did my imagination invent this product?

Thanks

Philip

I've seen this thing. I'll be back in a moment.

I can't seem to find it. I checked ambient, as it was among a bunch of handheld adaptors that I found it last, but I can't find it. I'll keep digging and thinking for you.

Last edited:

Interviews at my church.

Using just one mic in the Pastor's hand allows him to control how much time the interview takes.

Having a bit more length on the mic gets it closer to the interviewee's mouth.

Philip

That's silly. When people hear themselves they will just back the mic off a bit more. I am all for education, and having mr. hand hold the mic where it ought to be.

Hi everyone,

Just back from NAMM and finally seeing this.

We make this adapter and it is used just as Philip describes: for interviews. Specifically, when networks like Fox, NBC, etc. have reporters on the field, they like a longer microphone. Also, it allows them to put their network flag on the transmitter without covering the LCD and multi-function button.

Lectrosonics.com - #HHXTND