Si Compact

Re: Si Compact

Anybody here using the Soundcraft Si Compact?

How do you like it? Any thing you don't like?

Thanks

Hi Jamin,

Soundcraft was nice enough to send one of the new Si Compacts out to the Sound Expo last week. First impressions is that it looks like a very nice package. Personally, I would prefer four full bands of parametric EQ per channel but overall it should be a very useable desk. Definitely give it a closer look.

Jeff

I agree, it looks like a nice desk and easy to use right out of the box. I've used the Si3 before and really liked it. I can't believe Soundcraft didn't add four fully parametric eq's on each channel though....it's almost a deal killer to me.

I tried to get one sent to me for a demo. That never happened.

I think Willy bought one. Maybe you could ask real nice to see it?

AFA the 4 bands of parametric, they had to build some differentiation into their product lines I guess. Although, when you look at the compitition (LS9, A&H) they have fully parametric EQ so it looks like the Si falls behind in this category. When you factor in all of the output graphics it evens out the playing field. Horses for courses I guess...

I think Willy bought one. Maybe you could ask real nice to see it?

AFA the 4 bands of parametric, they had to build some differentiation into their product lines I guess. Although, when you look at the compitition (LS9, A&H) they have fully parametric EQ so it looks like the Si falls behind in this category. When you factor in all of the output graphics it evens out the playing field. Horses for courses I guess...

So Willy is finally moving out of the 1970's???

Hey Tim, you coming down this way any time soon?

Last edited:

Quite a while back I asked some comments on the SI Compact as well. You can find that thread here for more information:

http://www.soundforums.net/live/threads/919-Any-Soundcraft-SI-Compact-Users

Overall, it seems like its a hit or miss, depending on the person and what you're looking for.

I have not yet been able to get on one or even hear one to form my own opinions, although I'd like to.

So Willy is finally moving out of the 1970's???

Hey Tim, you coming down this way any time soon?

LOL, yeah barely. I think too many people were asking for digital consoles so he went out and bought one 'o them new fangled critters!

Not sure when I'm coming down next. Been swamped here in the College Station/Houston area. Plus the bigger festivals like Buc Days have really downsized this year. I have yet to hear if Sail South Texas is going to happen this year. If it does, I'll probably come down for that. I hope it does, that was a cool festival.

I got to play with a 24ch today @ Long & McQuade (GC for you Americanos). I liked the way the console was laid out, but I really hated the little screen. To be fair I didn't spend more then 5min, since there where people drooling over it. It was powered up, but no sources plugged into it, so I didn't get to hear it.
The asking price was $9000