single phase power quality monitor

Jeff Kenney

Freshman
Mar 4, 2013
I see fluke has one for $999

any other single phase power quality monitors that are good for recording voltage or voltage events over time?

Re: single phase power quality monitor

Utility companies over here will fit one for a while if you bug them enough, if it's for generator power then renting is one option tough the metering on modern gensets is pretty accurate now. G

any other single phase power quality monitors that are good for recording voltage or voltage events over time?
I have a Fluke 289 that does datalogging and outputs graphs/CSV files via FlukeView Forms software. It's also a nice meter, so may not be just a single-purpose device for you. The real power quality analyzers will show more than just voltage, but maybe voltage trending is enough for you.

I use fluke 435, 1870!and aemc 3945. They are accurate and made for power quality studies... I use them to monitor harmonics in industrial networks but I also use this type of meter to log transients and voltage disturbances. The 1750 is a lot more expansive but you can use it to monitor for very long time, weeks and months