SM launches UMix remote controlled mixers

Jeff Babcock

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
jeffbabcock.org
Interesting, it seems like there are lots of players entering this market now....
This one uses webapps for control so there is no software to install and it can be used from many different control devices.

388729d1394624570-sm-pro-audio-announces-umix-series-wi-fi-remote-controllable-digital-mixers-um.jpg

SM Pro Audo

Projected U.S. MAP pricing:
uMiX Mini - $249.00
uMiX 12 - $499.00
uMiX 16 - $699.00
uMiX 24 - $999.00

Re: SM launches UMix remote controlled mixers

Some cool ideas inside - I like it. But only 3 Band EQ+LC channel EQ and no gates:-(
Beside that, nearly everything you need for smaller gigs and applications.
Especially the uMix Mini is almost a no brainer for the money. Personally I will wait for the Behringer iX18, which brings more advanced features to the table at a similar price point like the bigger uMix versions. But the uMix Mini seems to be a nice and cheap solution for speech transmissions or a singer/songwriter gig. You can play with the beta uMix Software here-->
uMix
Very easy to operate imho.

Re: SM launches UMix remote controlled mixers

Hmm...very cool. Like Christian said though, Gates would go a long way to making this more appealing, as would output delay and higher resolution graphic eqs.
I love that it uses a web application that is accessible from any device that has a browser.