Smaart Training in Vancouver April 21-23, Winnipeg May 19-21

Arthur Skudra

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that we're doing some Smaart classes here in Canada. To start, we will be in Langley, BC April 21-23, 2015 for a 3 day workshop, then in Winnipeg, MB May 19-21 for the same workshop. I modified the format of the class a bit. The first two days I cover all the theory and hands-on use of Smaart DI and Smaart v7. Then the evening of the 2nd day we do an optional 3.5 hour workshop on subwoofer alignment and subwoofer arrays. Essentially what I used to cover in 3 days, now happens in two days. The optional third day is spent optimizing a sound system in a real venue, with some cool experiments in measuring room acoustics, in Vancouver we are re-optimizing a KF730 rig I designed years ago. Here's a link for registration, just click on the appropriate event and fill out the form: http://www.sfm.ca/pro-audio-communications/ We are actively working on classes in Toronto and Montreal as well, details (hopefully) coming really soon!

Re: Smaart Training in Vancouver April 21-23, Winnipeg May 19-21

Depending on when, I'm in too... What is required Arthur, do we need our own hardware, or version, or is it all provided.
Thx
Bring your laptop loaded with the latest versions of both Smaart DI and Smaart v7, demo version is fine for the class as long as it has been installed less than 30 days prior to the class (if not, I might have a "2nd chance" demo available for installation at the class). I'll be distributing a stereo line level audio signal the first day, and then a multichannel signal on the 2nd and 3rd day. Distribution on the first day is through a custom analog audio distribution system I designed, so all is needed is a stereo line level input on your part. Distribution of the multichannel signal for the second and third days will be through Dante virtual sound card, so you will need to bring an ethernet cable to plug your laptop into my switch, and have Dante virtual soundcard installed and operational on your laptop. All training materials will be distributed electronically by my server in-class, all in pdf format. Other than that, bring a well rested brain, we have a lot of info to cover, and will have lots of hands-on practice. I still need to work on my Vulcan mind meld technique....maybe next time... ;)