small powered speakers with specific needs

I am thinking out loud on this and I am thinking about replacing my RCF HD12A with a different powered speaker that has a built in 2-3 channel mixer with simple EQing and sound good at what it does. I might even want to go smaller in physical size.

This speaker will be used for ceremonies and cocktails at weddings.
Ceremony set-up varies but it typically is: 1x lav for the Officiate and 1 keyboard (mono) input.
Cocktail usually has: 2 vocalist and acoustic guitar.

Crowd Size can be anywhere from 100-300 people seated/standing.
SPL requirements are minimal; just need to be able to project the officiate over the seated crowd and for background music at cocktail.

Depending on the coverage area, I've been setting up 1 speaker to cover the audience.

I've been using the RCF HD12A & AH Zed10 mixer; I have absolutely no issues with this set-up, but I'd like to make the set-up a little smaller.
I originally bought the HD12A to use when the SRX722 was to much, now that I have the FA22ac coming, I won't be running a HD12A over SRX718s set-up anymore. I can use the FA22ac as my Level 1, 2, or even 3 systems (based off the number of subs; 4, 2, 0).

Please don't debate about brand X being better than brand Y. But I do want to hear your experience using said box in my environment.

Re: small powered speakers with specific needs

While probably not the box your looking at I use one or two K10's for these types of gigs. Not really much out there above the QSC's pay grade that offers multiple inputs.
You could also look at Yamaha's DXR line. EV has a new line out now called the ETX that might be a solid performer. I've heard a demo at NAMM and they sound pretty decent. They at least offer a wooden box and a few options for filters.
Outside of these there isn't a lot of other options.

Hello

Two days ago I received Behringer Europort MPA40BT Powered speaker. Runs with AC and/or built in battery.

I have listened Joni Mitchell through it for three hours and it sounds decent enough - considering it was 179.-€ including VAT...
I have not yet tried it outdoors or in very large room, but with what I tried it at my shop, it might just do the trick for you.

It comes with a boomy microphone, that is no good, but I never expected for one either. With a good microphone it sounds o.k.

Three input volume controls, bass treble & master volume, bluetooth receiver, usb-wireless receiver...

Definitively worth checking - for me this was "let's try this" shopping, while X32 & X32 rack experience has been so great...

I am thinking out loud on this and I am thinking about replacing my RCF HD12A with a different powered speaker that has a built in 2-3 channel mixer with simple EQing and sound good at what it does. I might even want to go smaller in physical size.

This speaker will be used for ceremonies and cocktails at weddings.
Ceremony set-up varies but it typically is: 1x lav for the Officiate and 1 keyboard (mono) input.
Cocktail usually has: 2 vocalist and acoustic guitar.

Crowd Size can be anywhere from 100-300 people seated/standing.
SPL requirements are minimal; just need to be able to project the officiate over the seated crowd and for background music at cocktail.

Depending on the coverage area, I've been setting up 1 speaker to cover the audience.

I've been using the RCF HD12A & AH Zed10 mixer; I have absolutely no issues with this set-up, but I'd like to make the set-up a little smaller.
I originally bought the HD12A to use when the SRX722 was to much, now that I have the FA22ac coming, I won't be running a HD12A over SRX718s set-up anymore. I can use the FA22ac as my Level 1, 2, or even 3 systems (based off the number of subs; 4, 2, 0).

Please don't debate about brand X being better than brand Y. But I do want to hear your experience using said box in my environment.

I do a fair amount of weddings and other functions that require this type of setup too. I am planning on trying out the new wireless mixer from SMPro audio when it hits the market. I'm going to buy one of the smallest versions as a trial and maybe a few more if it works out.

This would essentially replace what the mixer in the back of the speaker is doing, except that any of my employees can log onto it from their phones to set up a mix from the house. I could see this box replacing a small mixer and a couple of DI boxes when you chuck it on the floor next to the muso's monitor.

Plus the musician's could work their own monitor mix with it too.

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/products/digital-mixers/umix

I have been using QSC k10s to do ceremony for years, I think they do an excellent job. In fact I would go with the K8s if it were specifically for this function. The only reason I don't use the K8 is that I like to have the flexibility of having a speaker that can be used as a wedge.

I still bring a small mixer in when I am using a Lav because there is no EQ on the speaker and you have to have something minimal to at least knock off the low end a touch. A Mackie 1202 does the job quite well for me. Bonus you have an Emergancy mixer available to you in the event of a catastrophe. (I actually got through an event with a 14 piece band on my 1202 with a couple of adapters and some smart patching)

Hello

Two days ago I received Behringer Europort MPA40BT Powered speaker. Runs with AC and/or built in battery.

I have listened Joni Mitchell through it for three hours and it sounds decent enough - considering it was 179.-€ including VAT...
I have not yet tried it outdoors or in very large room, but with what I tried it at my shop, it might just do the trick for you.

It comes with a boomy microphone, that is no good, but I never expected for one either. With a good microphone it sounds o.k.

Three input volume controls, bass treble & master volume, bluetooth receiver, usb-wireless receiver...

Definitively worth checking - for me this was "let's try this" shopping, while X32 & X32 rack experience has been so great...
The little Berry battery box is no where close to RCF anything but please post a review of it and let me know how it sounds.

I do a fair amount of weddings and other functions that require this type of setup too. I am planning on trying out the new wireless mixer from SMPro audio when it hits the market. I'm going to buy one of the smallest versions as a trial and maybe a few more if it works out.

This would essentially replace what the mixer in the back of the speaker is doing, except that any of my employees can log onto it from their phones to set up a mix from the house. I could see this box replacing a small mixer and a couple of DI boxes when you chuck it on the floor next to the muso's monitor.

Plus the musician's could work their own monitor mix with it too.

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/products/digital-mixers/umix

That program is pretty cool

http://www.smproaudio.com/umixweb/

The little Berry battery box is no where close to RCF anything but please post a review of it and let me know how it sounds.

Hello

Matt said in first post : "Please don't debate about brand X being better than brand Y. But I do want to hear your experience using said box in my environment."

SO - I am not going to compare anything - but because jonthomas asked - here is a quick review.

It is my day off and I am building another patio in my garden - I went to my warehouse and picked "Berry Battery" with me - came back home and placed it under umbrella 20 meters from my doorsteps, where I was sitting with my iPad - connected via bluetooth - iPad was connected to internet via wifi through three walls and about 8 meters - I had couple small dropouts - but since it was raining I did not start roaming around to find out if it was bluetooth or wifi. I suppose normally I would use bluetooth about max 10 meters ...

I did some listening from youtube - Tommy Emmanuel, Classical Gas - Vivaldi, Four seasons, Winter - Queen, We will rock you - Mark Knopfler, Sailing to Philadelphia - Carly Simon, You´re so vain - Chet Atkins, Vincent - plus all commercials, which were mostly speech. - Paul Anka, You are my destiny ...

At 75-80dB listening level across the yard I felt quite comfortable - sound was clear, no hifi, but very acceptable - high end is a bit harsh - low end is fine with moderate levels.

I do have a pair of JBL EVO powered speakers, so I know how my garden can rock, if needed - this little box does not come near - but then JBL EVO was 5000,- € and this was 179,- €

Above line is not product comparison per se, as JBL EVO is no more available and is not something Matt would be looking after anyway.

- all in all I am very pleased with it - only thing that annoys me are high/long knobs, that might be knocked off by careless handling - perhaps I change them to shorter ones.

Cosmetically it looks elegant enough to go to any wedding etc.

IMG_1599.jpg

Yea I got to see them in action a week or so ago. Outdoor gig in a parking lot for a hot rod show, StudioLive 315AI over a pair of 18sAI subs on each side. I'm not a Presonus fanboy but I was truly impressed. It was a four piece classic-rock band I've mixed several times so I know their sound and the sound that night was impressively clear/smooth over the entire frequency range, carried vocals well, and stayed balanced out to a couple of hundred feet. I know the owner and he was excited to show me the setup. iPad/wireless control of individual cabs included. To be honest I'd need a tool to direct what to do with eight parametric EQs and a 31-band GEQ on each individual cab but coupled with a good Smaart analysis it clearly could be useful (especially it seems indoors in an asymmetrical venue). I'd love to hear a good A/B with some other similar system but I was impressed.
..dave

I just got some Behringer EPS500MP3 and they are working well at events like you mention. I've even used them for an active stage monitor. Very nice.