Sneak preview Smaart version 8

Re: Sneak preview Smaart version 8

Looks like you can get v.8 for free during the grace period http://www.rationalacoustics.com/smaart-v8-pricing/

That still puts you behind when V9 comes around.

I bought 6 about a month or two before 7 came out (because I needed it to take the course) and got the free upgrade to 7, but now because I didn't actually buy 7 the upgrade to 8 costs more

Oh well. if we always wait until the best time to buy something then we'll never have anything

Jason

Jeff, there is/ was an upgrade path from 7DI to 7. I do not see it on my list but I know it was discussed. In any case, you will not lose any functionality of DI when Smaart 8 is released. I learned of the v8 release on Jan 28th. I'm an instructor and dealer. I was not aware it was being worked on yet. Was it a big secret? No. Like I said this should not affect you in any way since the software you purchased will continue to work exactly the same as before. Do you consider it devalued because of a number and logo? The measurement accuracy and number crunching under the hood are the same. You don't have a dumbed down version. Just a feature limited version.

Jason email me and I'll get you a quote for am upgrade to 8. I have no idea why you would have a higher cost to upgrade to 8 from 7 than someone else that bought the full version of 7. Who told you that?

Harry
Smaart Dealer and Instructor

Last edited:

Jason email me and I'll get you a quote for am upgrade to 8. I have no idea why you would have a higher cost to upgrade to 8 from 7 than someone else that bought the full version of 7. Who told you that?

I assumed so because I technically bought V6
It was more just a comment that I bought V6 after 7 was announced, but before it was available because of the free upgrade to 7. so really I was pre-purchasing 7
according to the list at the link above it'll cost me $399 instead of $249 to upgrade to 8

Although if they'll treat that as if I bought V7 then that would be really cool (though they don't have to. it is what it is)

Jason