Michael Grimaila

Freshman
Nov 26, 2013
Dayton, OH USA
I am considering purchasing the following:

Soundcraft Si Expression 3 - P/N: SI-EXPRESSION-3
Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 32 Optical MADI - P/N: 5033269
Solid State Logic MADI Xtreme 64 - P/N: 726907X1

To do live sound and recording for my band.

Does anyone have experience with this combination?

Any comments, criticisms, and alternatives are appreciated!

Michael

Re: Soundcraft Si Expression and Mini Stagebox

I am considering purchasing the following:

Soundcraft Si Expression 3 - P/N: SI-EXPRESSION-3
Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 32 Optical MADI - P/N: 5033269
Solid State Logic MADI Xtreme 64 - P/N: 726907X1

To do live sound and recording for my band.

Does anyone have experience with this combination?

Any comments, criticisms, and alternatives are appreciated!

Michael

In order to do this, you'll need the Si Performer with it's 2 expansion slots. I've been told that MADI cannot be daisy chained. It would be less expensive to get the Dante Card, than the MADI card plus the SSL piece.
Grant

In order to do this, you'll need the Si Performer with it's 2 expansion slots. I've been told that MADI cannot be daisy chained. It would be less expensive to get the Dante Card, than the MADI card plus the SSL piece.
Grant

I read that Soundcraft will be coming out with a dual MADI card so you can use the stagebox and record soon on the Expression.

I read that Soundcraft will be coming out with a dual MADI card so you can use the stagebox and record soon on the Expression.

I have been trying to get the Optical MADI Mini Stagebox 32 for the last month to no avail. I ask my Sweetwater rep, Mike, to ask their Soundcraft rep "Rob" about the use of a dual optical MADI mini stage box with an SSL recording interface and the only answer I got back was "the optical MADI Stage box 32 will not be available in the near future". I specifically asked if I could use the Main TX/Rx between the Si Expression console and the Mini Stage box and then route the Aux TX from the Mini Stage box to the Rx of the SSL MADIXtreme interface in a PC on the stage. Seems like that should work (only for capturing audio from the mini stage box)