Soundcraft Si MADI/USB combo card - USB cannels not available as direct output patche

Hey all again! I also posted this 1 on that other forum...
I have an Si Performer 3 with a dual MADI card in slot 1 and a MADI/USB combo card in slot 2, a Mini Stagebox16 and a Mini Stagebox32. The Stagebox32 is in the MADI Master port of the card in slot 1 and the Stagebox16 is in the MADI port of the card in slot 2. I situate the Stagebox32 up stage for backline and the Stagebox16 downstage for vocal mics to keep cable runs short.
My laptop is plugged in to the USB port of the card in slot 2 and until this weekend I have only used it for iTunes playback. That works just fine - it shows up as USB 33 & 34 on the laptop and 33 & 34 of "MADI/USB card present in slot 2" as the input patch for ST1 at the console.
One of my techs has Pro Tools on her laptop and we wanted to try multi-tracking to get a feel for how it works. I do occasionally get asked if we have that capability. We plugged her Macbook up and it recognized the Performer and USB channels 1 - 32 appeared to be available for assignment. But they weren't available to assign to direct output patches on the console. Nowhere does it show "MADI/USB card present in slot 2" when assigning direct output patches...
Could this be because I am running 2 cards and there aren't enough "channels" available? Maybe I can make it work by changing some jumper settings? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks again!
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator: