Source for electrical distribution cable

Re: Source for electrical distribution cable

J Custom Supply in Louisiana is one source for single conductor SC and multi-conductor S, SO, W and other constructions.

What specific types/sizes/etc are you seeking?

Thanks Tim, Brian and Silas. I dont have any specifics at this time just wanted to research and price it out. We are considering expanding into the corporate market and right now just counting the cost of all the elements involved, not just PA. :)

That being said one option we are looking into the new Vue Audio AL4 system as it is light weight and seems to be a good product for that market (and yes we are looking at point source vs line array). Basically look at all our options and counting the cost.

What we have been told by Vue is that we can expect to run 2 x V4 engine (amp/dsp) per 20A circuit and 1x V6 engine per 20A circuit. The system we are looking at will have a total of 7 x V4 and 4x V6 so a minimum of 8 x 20A circuits for the PA and wedges.

So electrical distribution and what is required is where I have little experience so any advice is welcome. We have been looking at the Power Distro Racks provided courtesy of DimmerRack and frankly I am not sure which one would be best for what we are trying to do. What are the pros and cons for the different style of connections (ie Nema 15-40, L5, L14, etc)? Or which is more commonly used for audio systems?

Aside from that, from your experience how many feeder cables should we plan to get? How long should they be?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks Tim, Brian and Silas. I dont have any specifics at this time just wanted to research and price it out. We are considering expanding into the corporate market and right now just counting the cost of all the elements involved, not just PA. :)

That being said one option we are looking into the new Vue Audio AL4 system as it is light weight and seems to be a good product for that market (and yes we are looking at point source vs line array). Basically look at all our options and counting the cost.

What we have been told by Vue is that we can expect to run 2 x V4 engine (amp/dsp) per 20A circuit and 1x V6 engine per 20A circuit. The system we are looking at will have a total of 7 x V4 and 4x V6 so a minimum of 8 x 20A circuits for the PA and wedges.

So electrical distribution and what is required is where I have little experience so any advice is welcome. We have been looking at the Power Distro Racks provided courtesy of DimmerRack and frankly I am not sure which one would be best for what we are trying to do. What are the pros and cons for the different style of connections (ie Nema 15-40, L5, L14, etc)? Or which is more commonly used for audio systems?

Aside from that, from your experience how many feeder cables should we plan to get? How long should they be?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

If you're looking for a turnkey distro solution, Lex Products and Motion Labs both make solid, NRTL Listed equipment. Either company should be able to work with you to spec out exactly what you need.

If I were building a system, I'd want to know
* What are the loads, and how are they split up into different racks?
* What connectors do other companies in the area use (makes cross-rentals and subrentals easier)
* What is the power situation in the venues where this system is likely to be used? (single/3 phase? tie-in or NEMA 14-50 receptacle? Something else?)
* How big are the venues/how long cable paths do you need?

If you're looking for a turnkey distro solution, Lex Products and Motion Labs both make solid, NRTL Listed equipment. Either company should be able to work with you to spec out exactly what you need.

If I were building a system, I'd want to know
* What are the loads, and how are they split up into different racks?
* What connectors do other companies in the area use (makes cross-rentals and subrentals easier)
* What is the power situation in the venues where this system is likely to be used? (single/3 phase? tie-in or NEMA 14-50 receptacle? Something else?)
* How big are the venues/how long cable paths do you need?

Thanks Rob.

After looking at all the factors and numbers, we wont be buying any inventory right now. We still want to go this route but it will have to wait.

But thanks for the info!