Source for Neutrik NL8 tab springs

Brian Ingwell

Freshman
Jul 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi Guys,

I know this has been a long running problem, with NL8 connectors losing their tab springs (so the connectors no longer lock into place after releasing the tab). Back on the old forums, there was a woman at Neutrik USA who was very helpful about sending out replacement springs, so you wouldn't have to buy a whole new connector just for a stupid replacement spring. I've since lost her contact info and wouldn't even know if she's still at Neutrik, but for any of you who have run into the same problem - any sources within Neutrik or elsewhere to get these replacement springs?

I've checked with our supplier (CBI) and they indicate they can't get just the replacement springs.

Let me know.

Thanks much,

Brian

Re: Source for Neutrik NL8 tab springs

That was Kathy... and she left Neutrik USA a long time ago for civilian life.

You might try contacting them, though, and see if there is any hope for parts.

Yes, Kathy was most helpful with getting individual pieces for NL4 and NL8 connectors as well as XLR connectors (got a bunch of male shells when I replaced the ones that had the place for the female's locking tab broken out). She was able to get shells, tabs, and other bits and pieces.

However, those days are gone. I've made 3 inquiries to different contacts at Neutrik for these parts, to no avail. I understand that it's probably not cost-effective to make these small parts available on a regular basis, but it does suck to toss the entire connector because of a missing spring tab. I toss 'em in a big box in case the occasion comes up to make one good connector from 2 bad ones.

Geri O

Is it possible to replace just the spring or spring and tab in an NL8FC connector, or does the whole shell need to be replaced? If just the spring or spring and tab can be replaced, it appears to me that the previous generation of NL4FC shells had what looks to be the same tab as the NL8FC shells. If the tab and spring are the same (NL4FC and NL8FC) and can be interchanged, I have quite a few unused NL4FC shells you can have for the cost of postage.

[email protected]

Is it possible to replace just the spring or spring and tab in an NL8FC connector, or does the whole shell need to be replaced? If just the spring or spring and tab can be replaced, it appears to me that the previous generation of NL4FC shells had what looks to be the same tab as the NL8FC shells. If the tab and spring are the same (NL4FC and NL8FC) and can be interchanged, I have quite a few unused NL4FC shells you can have for the cost of postage.

[email protected]

PM Sent...:eek:))

Geri O

Geri/Tim/All,

Just a follow up to let you know that I contacted Neutrik directly simply through their web inquiry page. I got a reply back within a day indicating they would be willing to send me out several replacement tab springs at no charge. So, kudos to Neutrik USA on this request.

Geri - perhaps one more attempt on your part might be worth it. I haven't contacted anyone there directly since the days of Kathy, but it looks like someone's trying to carry on the tradition of good followup customer service past the initial sale.

Regards,
Brian

Geri/Tim/All,

Just a follow up to let you know that I contacted Neutrik directly simply through their web inquiry page. I got a reply back within a day indicating they would be willing to send me out several replacement tab springs at no charge. So, kudos to Neutrik USA on this request.

Geri - perhaps one more attempt on your part might be worth it. I haven't contacted anyone there directly since the days of Kathy, but it looks like someone's trying to carry on the tradition of good followup customer service past the initial sale.

Regards,
Brian

That's good to know, although I considered the availability of those little bits a benefit rather than good service. I've never had a complaint with any other dealings with Neutrik.

Geri O