Source for Rolling Tables

Pascal.Pincosy

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
Oakland, CA
www.knowaudio.com
I'm looking to find a 3'x6' rolling table, consisting of a 3x6 stage deck, height-adjustable riser, with locking casters attached. I've been all over the web but can't seem to find anyone who advertises these items. Any suggestions on manufacturers I could talk to?

Re: Source for Rolling Tables

Staging Dimensions could definitely make you whatever you want. I'm sure there are many other companies closer to Oakland as well. The hard part would be the Wunderstructure-type base in 3x6 instead of 4x8 - I'm not sure that's a standard item anywhere. Unless you are hoping to get something using standard 2" legs, but at 40" or so that wouldn't be very stable and the adjustable legs are even less stable, especially with wheels. I'm assuming this is for DJ use so having it be height adjustable would be very useful - I know some DJ riders require very specific table heights (like 42", 36 and 48" being emphatically UNACCEPTABLE!). Of course you can add cross bracing but at a certain point it becomes very kludged together.

The other problem with conventional stage risers is they are generally overbuilt for your application. You don't need coffin locks and 150 lbs/ft2 weight ratings. A sheet of plywood (maybe a sandwich of two thinner sheets for stiffness and low weight) and some schedule 40 pipe and flange fittings might be the easiest and cheapest way to get a useable rolling table.

If I'm missing something, I apologize - I'll put my beer down and quit rambling!

Staging Dimensions could definitely make you whatever you want. I'm sure there are many other companies closer to Oakland as well. The hard part would be the Wunderstructure-type base in 3x6 instead of 4x8 - I'm not sure that's a standard item anywhere. Unless you are hoping to get something using standard 2" legs, but at 40" or so that wouldn't be very stable and the adjustable legs are even less stable, especially with wheels. I'm assuming this is for DJ use so having it be height adjustable would be very useful - I know some DJ riders require very specific table heights (like 42", 36 and 48" being emphatically UNACCEPTABLE!). Of course you can add cross bracing but at a certain point it becomes very kludged together.
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Any other possible sources would be appreciated!

Attachments

• rws.jpg
    rws.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Any other possible sources would be appreciated!

That looks like what I've used before. I was trying to find a similar pic of those exact wheels because they are what you want - you get the benefit of wheels without the compromised stability. All the Staging Dimensions products I've used have been excellent. I don't know of any other manufacturers but I would just fire off a few emails with that photo. It's not the kind of thing a stage manufacturer would necessarily feature prominently on their website, nor something that a lot of folks around here would have a lot of experience with.

I wouldn't expect any product of a similar quality to be cheap in any event, but you might save on shipping. Here's a pic of the improvisation we had to do because we lacked enough adjustable platforms. This artist's manager literally uses a measuring tape to check the platform height, monitor height and distance from monitor to the left ear.

Wolfgang.jpg

Check with stageright--I had a couple 3x6 risers w/ adjustable legs delivered today, actually. I seem to remember them not being too keen on Rolling and adjustable on the Z-legs, though.

Kevin H.