[FS] Speaker Components

Jason Misterka

Sophomore
Mar 10, 2011
For Sale or Trade

This is a feeler. Most likely these items will be available by March if not sooner.

We may be replacing the drivers in our wedges and am looking for someone who is interested in buying the used drivers.

These are all of course AS-IS. They were removed from our wedge speakers, and some of them are quite old and in various states of condition. But they are good quality components.

I don't know how many I will have but probably 20+ McCauley Sound 15" drivers, I believe #6000 series magnets using 6342 baskets. The 6342 baskets have been discontinued but the basket model 6244 is compatible. These are 8 ohms.

Here is the information from McCauley on the 6342:
The 6342 15" transducer is an high performance woofer designed to reproduce low and low /mid frequency material. The 6342 utilizes a smooth-surfaced, high-effieciency, carbon fiber cone structure to reduce distortion in the critical midband range. This component is ideal for loading in 3-way full range systems and 2-way mid high enclosures.
55Hz - 3kHz
400W (Program)
15.375in. x 5.6in. x 15.375in.
22.04lbs.
InWound Voice Coils
Large Vent
Once-Piece Backplate / Pole Piece
Twin Frontside / Backside Gaskets
4" InWound Voice Coil
6000 Series Magnet Assembly
Cast Aluminum Basket
Field Servicable Basket Assembly
Nickel Plated Brass Terminal Posts

We also MAY have 18 or so of the Electro-Voice DH2Amt HF drivers in various condition. 8 ohm version.

Here is a PDF for the EV drivers: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...j_FOoHzPMXUIa_A&bvm=bv.60444564,d.cWc&cad=rja

I will say that almost every one of these drivers makes noise :) Most are fine, but some may be out of spec and would require a HF diaphragm or a new basket. I have no interest or time in checking each one individually at this point, besides placing a meter on it to check continuity before we ship it.

So maybe there is someone out there these are useful to.

We are located in Virginia, USA. Buyer pays shipping, we will package them well. We accept check or paypal with a 3% fee. Virginia buyers pay 5.3% sales tax.

Jason
jason at southard audio dot com
Southard Audio - Professional Sound Reinforcement