Speakon to Speakon fanout cables

Greetings,

With the new QSC PLD amps comes the need to rewire my speaker cables. I have been using NL4 cabling, with the subs on one pair, the tops on the other pair all connecting to an NL4 in the amp rack's patch panel. Fairly standard. Now I need to go up to one NL4 for the subs, (a sub on each pair) and one NL4 for the bi-amped tops. NL8s aren't a good choice since the panel mount connectors wont fit in the 1RU patch panel. The various NL8 to NL4 breakout boxes are an option, but are expensive and small enough to walk away.

A fanout to fanout speaker cable with 2 NL4s on each side would be ideal, but Googling came up with nothing, although I have seen something similar at a show, but couldn't find a manufacturer on it. Does anyone know who makes such a cable?

Ciao
Simon Coffin
Stonegate Audio Engineering

Re: Speakon to Speakon fanout cables

Perhaps you could just run two cables. Whether or not that is cheaper than a breakout box depends on the length of your run, but it could be worth it.

Re: Speakon to Speakon fanout cables

Hey guys,

Thanks for the ideas. After some more thought, I've decided just to keep everything on NL4s, largely because this standardizes all of my speaker cabling, but also gives me a bit more flexibility when running partial systems or using the amp rack for non-standard setups. In fact, I have a festival this summer where I plan to use the rack to drive 4 wedges, 2 subs and 2 passive tops. Not bad for a 6 space rack.

Ciao
Simon