SRX722/728 system setup ?'s.

Chris Gruber

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Rodgers-town, Wisco
Gear is as follows. 4 728's powered by 4 RMX 4050HD's and 2 722's powered by 2 bridged RMX2450's and an RMX1450. Processing will be a Driverack PA+. Does anyone have any settings that they have found to work well? It's not here yet I just figured I would get a head start. Thanks

Re: SRX722/728 system setup ?'s.

I would imagine DBX has a preset for those cabs, they do for most JBL speakers. On a side not, I hope you are setting the limiters on those as well, you gotta lotta power there...

I would imagine DBX has a preset for those cabs, they do for most JBL speakers. On a side not, I hope you are setting the limiters on those as well, you gotta lotta power there...

Seriously. You've got a lot of low end there for 2 722's. I would probably use 2 4050's for the subs, one per channel. A 4050 for mids in stereo and the 1450 for the horns. It'll make your rack a lot lighter and give you some extra amps to use elsewhere.

The 728's will handle those 4050's bridged if you are responsible, but I think you are gonna find that you have them turned WAAAAY down all the time to match levels with the single 722 a side. So unless you buy another pair of 722's I don't see the need for all the amp horsepower you have.

And to answer the question, the driverack PA has tunings for you. You just have to pick a crown amp instead of the QSC and then tweak your levels afterwards.

get/learn smart and make the preset ur self

i think the jbl presets r shit till u get to the vertecks

Mark;
Can you show us some data? With the amount of SRX & VRX rigs I work on, with both DBX Driveracks and Xilica processors in the mix, I would be interested to see what you have come up with for presets using your smaart setup.

get/learn smart and make the preset ur self

i think the jbl presets r shit till u get to the vertecks
Mark;
Can you show us some data? With the amount of SRX & VRX rigs I work on, with both DBX Driveracks and Xilica processors in the mix, I would be interested to see what you have come up with for presets using your smaart setup.
Yeah, smartass! If it was that easy I'd be out of a job. :D