Stagemix LS9 Wifi issue?

David Nickerson

Sophomore
Jan 10, 2011
Boston
www.baystatesound.com
Hello all,
About a month ago I had a problem come up with Stagemix on my LS9-16.

I had an error come up at the end of the attempt to connect to the LS9:

CONNECTION ERROR
Connection Failed. Check WiFi Status.

I've since tried to isolate the issue:
First trying another router, then new network cable,
each of those routers and cables with my LS9-32
then with each router / cable / mixer with another iPad.

Each time generating that same Connection error while trying to connect to the mixer.

Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Re: Stagemix LS9 Wifi issue?

Did it begin around the time an upgrade was performed on the LS9? I've had upgrades change the IP address of the console, and that will certainly keep the app from connecting to it.

(I'm not using the default address, obviously.)

Did it begin around the time an upgrade was performed on the LS9? I've had upgrades change the IP address of the console, and that will certainly keep the app from connecting to it.

I had that issue with the later (more recent) versions of stage mix. Upgraded my router and I still had issues. I was using an iPad 1 and don't know if that was part of the issue. Never figured out how to fix it. It would reconnect eventually. I was not comfortable mixing without access to the board

Hi Milt,
I don't think thats it. I know I've used Stagemix without problems since I last updated firmware.
I'll dig in next time I'm at the shop.
Thanks!

I had my worst experience ever with Stagemix this past weekend. During soundcheck I would get knocked off literally every minute or less. I was in "stress mode" and didn't even think about changing channels on the router. I'm betting that would have solved my problem. No problem staying connected during showtime as I was right beside the console and router.
Usually it is mostly solid running.

I had my worst experience ever with Stagemix this past weekend. During soundcheck I would get knocked off literally every minute or less. I was in "stress mode" and didn't even think about changing channels on the router. I'm betting that would have solved my problem. No problem staying connected during showtime as I was right beside the console and router.
Usually it is mostly solid running.

Sorry you had a rough time, BJ. While not with StageMix, I've had enough WiFi issues to declare it Unsuitable For Mission Critical Work in situations where you don't have the time to make it right (and then hope nothing changes).

It's fun to use a remote device, it's useful and can make for more productive use of your limited time... until it doesn't work and you have no physical control at immediate disposal.

Not a Luddite, but a realist.

Stagemix LS9 Wifi issue?

I have been a iMixer hold out and actually mixed my first show 100% from an iPad this weekend. Desk was a LS9-32 with an iPad2. I had system architect running on the network as well with no issues at all. I was surprised how little lag there was in the meters. I'm a tweaker and once i got the finger roll method down for small adjustments I did ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you had a rough time, BJ. While not with StageMix, I've had enough WiFi issues to declare it Unsuitable For Mission Critical Work in situations where you don't have the time to make it right (and then hope nothing changes).

It's fun to use a remote device, it's useful and can make for more productive use of your limited time... until it doesn't work and you have no physical control at immediate disposal.

Not a Luddite, but a realist.
I agree 100%. I have a line in the sand where I decide if the gig is worthy(or appropriate) of a snake or if I'm able to set it side stage. This was a concert with some well known Canadian artist that I'd never dream of ipad mixing only, but it still sure is handy for soundcheck and ringing out wedges. On less critical gigs I've successfully mixed ipad only with mixer beside the stage. I quite enjoy that actually....at least after everyone in the room has had a chance to come up to me and ask about the setup. That's majorly distracting, but I try and be pleasant. )