Sub Question again TX or SRX or Else

Othmane Alaoui

Freshman
Jul 6, 2012
Hello All,

Well I am looking at a plan B for a customer, He need to expand his sound rig, especially the lows. The rig needs to fire up the place for 750 people -- from Death Metal to Dance hip hop. Its not a club nor a bar but a special rental facility with multiple rooms, the dance room is good for about 800 - 1000 person. what do you think of 4 x TX9s or 4 SRX728S ? The tops are SLS960x4. Amps are IT6000 and or 8000 in the crown and PL Series, mostly PL4.0 ...

The SRX and the TX can be purchased used pretty easly these days ... other suggestion can be profitable !!

Thanks,

Othmane

Re: Sub Question again TX or SRX or Else

Either are good and I say buy whichever 4 you can find in your area on the used market.

Is this rig Ground Stacked? If so, I would lean towards the TX9s since they are 11" taller than the SRX subs. But throw out that suggestion if you build a box to add height or if the speakers are already flown.

Thanks Matt,

The SLS's are not flown usually, they will be ground stacked on top of the subs. For outdoor events ( 4 Volleyball Courts ) They will be stacked on the 6' scaffolding they already have. Is the trow distance comparable ?

Either are good and I say buy whichever 4 you can find in your area on the used market.

Is this rig Ground Stacked? If so, I would lean towards the TX9s since they are 11" taller than the SRX subs. But throw out that suggestion if you build a box to add height or if the speakers are already flown.

+1, the SRX is a little bit lighter (only by about 25lbs) but with a fridge cart both are manageable by one person. We have SRX, another local guy has TX, I've never found either to be lacking in performance.