Suggestions for rechargeable 9V batteries?

I'm on the hunt for some reasonably priced 9V rechargeable batteries to send out with my old VHF wireless on non-mission-critical stuff like school and church plays.

The units are the old Shure SC VHF systems. The manual states that you can run them with an 8.4V NiCad, and I am sure battery technology has progressed since 1999 or whenever these things were made. I need a sufficient voltage and discharge curve to run them for about 2.5 hours.

Any recommendations for something in the ~$5/ battery price range? Any wholesale or similar website links would be appreciated as well. I'll be needing a charging station as well.

Thanks!

Re: Suggestions for rechargeable 9V batteries?

i know this doesn't answer the OP question since these are WAY more expensive, but it may help someone trolling for info, so....

the 9V iPower lithium polymers have worked out GREAT for me in all my iem packs. they last longer than alkalines and have been bullet proof. i wouldn't use them in any situation where i doubted i would get them back, but for regular show work they're awesome.

Ipower 9V

[nope. don't work for them. don't get nothin' if you buy them. just sayin']

brian

+1 on ipower. Good stuff.

The only issue with these is they are slightly larger than standard 9v batteries.

I've been using them in my guitar wireless for over a year now and they've done quite well. Bought 4 of them. 1 did start not taking a charge, and it's out of rotation (recycled) now. The rest are still working as new after 25 or so recharges each.

Definitely saved me a lot of money. The Line 6 wireless I use eats batteries with malice and forethought!

i know this doesn't answer the OP question since these are WAY more expensive, but it may help someone trolling for info, so....

the 9V iPower lithium polymers have worked out GREAT for me in all my iem packs. they last longer than alkalines and have been bullet proof. i wouldn't use them in any situation where i doubted i would get them back, but for regular show work they're awesome.

Ipower 9V

[nope. don't work for them. don't get nothin' if you buy them. just sayin']

brian

Just noticed on the iPower site that the new ones are smaller, so they may fit better now. Cool!

Just noticed on the iPower site that the new ones are smaller, so they may fit better now. Cool!

yeah, they fixed the oversize problem. about the only issue i've had is that since they are so much lighter than alkalines, sometimes they don't want to fall out of my iem receivers. it's not so much that they are too big. just that it takes only a little drag on the sides to keep them from coming out because they are so light weight.

they also just feel weird.... :)

but they totally work great.

brian

FWIW, I have bought several types of NiMH batteries for the kids toys. Without fail the ones that last the longest and are also the cheapest come from Harbor Freight. Who'd a thunk it?

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=&q=nimh

We tried to use those around the house and the results were less than acceptable. At the gig we use several hundred PowerEx AAs and they've been rock solid for a few years. We swap them out every six to nine months. Saves us about 20 grand a year.

I have been using Powerex 9v and AA for a couple of years now and they are rock solid...but a bit more than you want to spend. The 9v are around $10-12 each depending on how many you buy. Get a good charger like the MaHa units.
The green battery 9v have a plastic shrink covering that makes them a tight fit and a bit of a srtruggle to remove from some battery compartments. They also need a few charge/discharge cycles when brand new to get them to last a couple of hours.

Saves a lot of dough whatever you choose.