Thank you!!!!

Well after much thought and many sleepless nights for the past few months, I am sad to say that I am closing up the Sound Business. With a smile on my face, I can say that the last “10 Years” have been excellent for me, I’ve worked in some signification/historical venues; I’ve worked with several bands & comedians before they became famous; I’ve even had the pleasure of working with a couple artists who are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame; I’ve had the pleasure of traveling/working in multiple states. And I can say all this was with me behind the board and sometimes with my all gear, while holding a ‘9-5 Day Job’ during the week.

I say “10 years” because this was around the time when I started using most of my own gear. I started in 2002 at WVU as an A/V Tech with the Arts & Entertainment division. Around 2004ish, I met a guy named Vince, who was in a local band called Anomaly and he found out that I worked with sound at WVU and one day when their normal sound guy couldn’t make it, the band asked me to come help out. He went back on tour and I ended up borrowing his rig for a couple years and as I worked shows, I would buy a new piece of gear to add. And then 5 years ago, with the help of another forum member, I began working with the Andy Kushner Entertainment, Inc. running production for a couple of the bands at Weddings, Private Parties and Corporate Events.

To everyone who I’ve worked with, who has pushed me, who allowed me to work with them and those who allowed me pick your brain for guidance… THANK YOU!!!!

As for what’s next in my Life Adventures, I am not sure yet… But I am thinking of going back to school to get my Master’s Degree.

Re: Thank you!!!!

Good luck. Going to finish out the Summer? I will keep my eyes peeled in the Marketplace for your listing.

Once I started debating about the decision, I didn't want to book anything and then have to cancel. One of the biggest hurdles for me was with the wedding band, I didn't want to leave when their scheduled started picking up.

I do plan on selling most of everything, I'm either going back to school (working day job & night classes) to work on my Master Degree and/or take some extended amount of time off & do a little 'unscheduled' traveling. I'm going to be spending the next few weeks gathering up what I have accumulated and then figure out what it is worth.

Re: Thank you!!!!

Best wishes to you Matt.

A tip.... don't sell absolutely everything. Keeping a small amount of essentials will probably come in useful once and a while. You may be closing up the business, but not your love of sound and music. You might want to moonlight occasionally in the future... you can do that without much inventory but it's nice to have a few good essentials like quality mics, di's, cables, a small mixer, a couple SOS, etc just in case.

Good luck with this next phase!