Thinnest 12/3 SOOW (for Neutrik powerCON True1)

Phil Graham

Honorary PhD
Mar 10, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I am investigating using the new Neutrik powerCON True1 for an upcoming project.

This is Neutrik's new 240V 20A plug set. They say it will take cable with a 15mm jacket. That means I am looking for 12/3 SOOW that is 0.59" OD or less for those that don't speak metric.

Most of the ones I have seen look close, but I would be interested in knowing about slightly thinner 12/3 SOOW if it exists.

Thanks!

Re: Thinnest 12/3 SOOW (for Neutrik powerCON True1)

I am investigating using the new Neutrik powerCON True1 for an upcoming project.

This is Neutrik's new 240V 20A plug set. They say it will take cable with a 15mm jacket. That means I am looking for 12/3 SOOW that is 0.59" OD or less for those that don't speak metric.

Most of the ones I have seen look close, but I would be interested in knowing about slightly thinner 12/3 SOOW if it exists.

Thanks!

Coleman Seoprene 105 should fit your needs.

Nominal O.D. for 22328 12/3 SEOOW is .595

http://www.ccixpress.com/cci/Marketing/literature/Industrial_Catalog.pdf

Thanks!

Hi Phil,

FWIW this page says its only 16A, the powercon is 20amps / 32amps (that may, or may not be a problem)

NAC3FX - Neutrik

Peter

I believe you can buy regular Powercon that way now, too. True1 doesn't appear to be backwards compatible, although it does look like cord ends mate so you don't have to buy barrels to couple your runs.

I would really like to see a back to the "appliance inlets" so they can be used as a pass through to another cable.

Peter,

If you open the technical information dropdown at the bottom of that page, you will see the true1 is certified to 20A for the US

Yeah - had alook at them today for you @ at trade show - they said they were rated at 20amps @ 110 V. They looked good, what the original powercon should have been; male & female that plug into each other without a joiner.
I don’t think you could get a 15mm dia cable into it, however that may have just been for 230V cables sizes and there could be a different cable support grip for larger "110V" cables ...

Peter

Last edited:

Odd question...

I wonder how hard would it be to convert PowerCon 20A to the new PowerCon True1 on powered speakers?

Zero problem. Power in is standard (D ?) size.
The problem is with power-out panel connector, which IS bigger.

Other than that : I love the new connectors. Better and cable ends mate. Bingo !

W/r

Thinnest 12/3 SOOW (for Neutrik powerCON True1)

Phil,

What is the deal with the True1? Is it just that it appears to be touch proof?

Our new video wall uses these connectors and they seem to be a big improvement over the blue powercons in that the ends mate allowing you to extend the cable like a normal extension cord or xlr. I like 'em!

Whoops! Looks like I'm way behind the times! Sorry for the old thread resurrection.

I've heard about a meat rack style where 3 panels stay attached, you clip on the set to the ones above and pull them out of the rack.
They're slow and bulky individually packed in cases, so I'm curious to see better solutions.

No other way to do it when the screen gets set up differently at every show, or it gets split between many shows.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Of course. I'm speaking of customized solutions for touring. I believe it was Solotech that had the cage/meatrack system, but not sure. From what I heard it was pretty slick. I would think other touring rental suppliers may also have something smaller/faster than the 6-panel cases.