Tim McGraw Touring Rig

Chris Delcambre

Freshman
Mar 11, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knew what Tim McGraw was touring with... I have attached a picture from a show Here in town...

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• TimShow.jpg
    TimShow.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 3
Re: Tim McGraw Touring Rig

That would be a Clair rig, looks like a i5 rig with i5b next to it and BT218 subs.
It also looks like the bottom boxes are facing straight down to the stage.

db

Yepper. The kelping (pull back) is much tighter than usual, too.

McGraw will be here in a couple of weeks, so if there is any interest in particular aspects of the rig send me an PM and I'll try to suss out some answers.

Yepper. The kelping (pull back) is much tighter than usual, too.

McGraw will be here in a couple of weeks, so if there is any interest in particular aspects of the rig send me an PM and I'll try to suss out some answers.

Looks fine to me. Front to back venue coverage with the main PA- the way it should be. No silly downfill boxes. Just turn the bottom boxes down a little and call it a day. Top 6 boxes are 90 degree, bottom 8 are 120 degree. 6 i5's for outfills too. Great sounding, and powerful rig!

Evan

Attachments

• i5.jpg
    i5.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 3

Well there's Brantley Gilbert! He's come a long since 2009 when he was playing on my QW4's in a 200 cap. bar.

I love those guys and am proud of them. I was their BE for a short while but did not want to be away from home 6 days a week when they started touring so heavy. Each musician used to place every one of their microphones and plug into my snake. They asked me if I needed them to turn down any the first gig I did with them. Priceless! I always brought plenty of rig so I told them to do whatever was comfortable for them. The bass player/production manager Jonathon is also somewhat of a sound engineer and can talk intelligently about anything sound related to you. Their road manager Steve also runs monitors for them and really knows what he is doing. They carried an LS9 and then later an SC48. In the touring world it has never been better than those guys. They really made me rethink what we as engineers deal with everyday. I cannot say enough good things about all of them.

Last edited:

I love those guys and am proud of them. I was their BE for a short while but did not want to be away from home 6 days a week when they started touring so heavy. Each musician used to place every one of their microphones and plug into my snake. They asked me if I needed them to turn down any the first gig I did with them. Priceless! I always brought plenty of rig so I told them to do whatever was comfortable for them. The bass player/production manager Jonathon is also somewhat of a sound engineer and can talk intelligently about anything sound related to you. Their road manager Steve also runs monitors for them and really knows what he is doing. They carried an LS9 and then later an SC48. In the touring world it has never been better than those guys. They really made me rethink what we as engineers deal with everyday. I cannot say enough good things about all of them.

Yea they had the Ls9 for monitors and ran it themselves when they came through here, I just gave them a split.......fast soundcheck and easy to please :)