Tuki covers for EAW KF650

Peace, this is Imran in Chicago. I'm in the same position as you with the speaker cabs. What covers did you go with? Also, what is the right process to go about painting these boxes

Peace, this is Imran in Chicago. I'm in the same position as you with the speaker cabs. What covers did you go with? Also, what is the right process to go about painting these boxes

Greetings, Imran -

To my recollection the finish used by EAW was a catalyzed urethane from Sherwin-Williams, Polane-T® is what comes to mind. It's water based with a low VOC. Polane also comes in a couple of solvent-based formulas and you'll want to avoid them.

"Polane also comes in a couple of solvent-based formulas and you'll want to avoid them"

Especially if your spray booth is so small that you have to slide between the cabinet and the plastic draped wall so tightly that your respirator brushes against the cabinet and breaks the seal with your face just as you happen to inhale deeply and breath in a lungful of Polane and MEK.

Not that anyone would be that dumb of course.

"Polane also comes in a couple of solvent-based formulas and you'll want to avoid them"

Especially if your spray booth is so small that you have to slide between the cabinet and the plastic draped wall so tightly that your respirator brushes against the cabinet and breaks the seal with your face just as you happen to inhale deeply and breath in a lungful of Polane and MEK.

Not that anyone would be that dumb of course.

I've been known to "borrow" one of the downdraft paintbooths at a GM dealer I used to work for......l
Chris.